Girlfriend,,,,,, It's me or the bike!!!

I saw that on the news here last night. Strange he was hit by someone with no license or insurance, what are the odds? He must not have liked bikes too much anyway to let his girlfriend tell him he couldn't have one any more:rofl: You know who wears the pants in that house:laugh:
Many folks have ask my wife the stupid question "Why do you let him ride like that?!" She always defends me:thumbsup: and then usually says "He was doin it long before I met him, how am I gonna stop him?" "Not that I would though, I trust and love riding with him" Yeah, I'm the man at my house:laugh:

I saw that on the news here last night. Strange he was hit by someone with no license or insurance, what are the odds? He must not have liked bikes too much anyway to let his girlfriend tell him he couldn't have one any more:rofl: You know who wears the pants in that house:laugh:
Many folks have ask my wife the stupid question "Why do you let him ride like that?!" She always defends me:thumbsup: and then usually says "He was doin it long before I met him, how am I gonna stop him?" "Not that I would though, I trust and love riding with him" Yeah, I'm the man at my house:laugh:

You best delete this message before the boss reads it dude! :lol:

This is same accident Laylas_Mom posted in other thread I couldn't see.
After seeing it now I'm kinda on the fence? Of course it's your fault when you hit someone from behind but he had his rear brake locked up which tells me he reacted late and panicked. Things like that happen and reaction times get cut down the farther back you go.
That's how 50 car pile ups occur. One guys stops short and then the next and then the next and then before you know it nobody can stop.
If he had been paying attention maybe he could have created more of a cushion for himself, flicked his brake light a few times and woken up the driver behind him and avoided the whole thing?

This is almost exactly what happened to me on I95 here in 2000 on my Zx11. Traffic stopped short as well as I did without locking up rear brake and I got run completely over by a Lincoln Town Car. Whole car passed over me and I walked away.

This is same accident Laylas_Mom posted in other thread I couldn't see.
After seeing it now I'm kinda on the fence? Of course it's your fault when you hit someone from behind but he had his rear brake locked up which tells me he reacted late and panicked. Things like that happen and reaction times get cut down the farther back you go.
That's how 50 car pile ups occur. One guys stops short and then the next and then the next and then before you know it nobody can stop.
If he had been paying attention maybe he could have created more of a cushion for himself, flicked his brake light a few times and woken up the driver behind him and avoided the whole thing?

This is almost exactly what happened to me on I95 here in 2000 on my Zx11. Traffic stopped short as well as I did without locking up rear brake and I got run completely over by a Lincoln Town Car. Whole car passed over me and I walked away.

Here but by the grace of GOD go I...and I thinked you bumped your head under there too:laugh:

wow dude...i choose..............Busa of course!! cant have anyone tell me to get rid of her, be like saying "yea, if u want to be with me, ur going to have to put your son up for adoption." no no no...kids are bikers too, they know whats up! u are right tho blanca, at least part of this incident had to do with rider inexperience. personally i would have probably ran myself off the road, wouldnt be the first time.

My wife told me she will never make me stop riding.. that she woul sell her bike and stay home if need me so i can ride.. my wife rocks

Not to get too serious but real relationships are grounded in "allowing the other person to be who they are". As soon as one party tries to "change" the other, everybody looses.

Books are written about this stuff so I'll stop there!

Not to get too serious but real relationships are grounded in "allowing the other person to be who they are". As soon as one party tries to "change" the other, everybody looses.

Books are written about this stuff so I'll stop there!

Either your wife is sleeping like Sixpacks or your practicing to see how it sounds when you say that?

I keed I keed

I think you should write a book Doyle! You definately have the proper attitude for a lasting relationship! :thumbsup:

You can't blame this on the biker, even if he did lock his rear tire up (which it looks like he did). He would have stopped in time, it is the responsibility of the person behind him to stop in time as well. If you watch the video, the car in front of him also panic stops - he was simply in a bad position. Unless of course you want to blame him for not seeing what was going on in front of the car that was in front of him.

The video looks to me like an unfortunate circumstance, nothing more nothing less. Sure he could have increased his distance from the car ahead of him, giving himself a greater braking distance, but I think we can all agree that when you do this in rush-hour traffic that typically means inviting someone to cut in front of you.

Ironically enough, this is why I like to speed and get nervous when clustered. When I speed, I don't have to worry about a driver in front of me slamming his brakes. I don't have to worry about a driver behind me being inattentive, and I don't have to worry about a driver beside me also being inattentive. I just have to worry about the popo that is trying to increase state revenue.

You can't blame this on the biker, even if he did lock his rear tire up (which it looks like he did). He would have stopped in time, it is the responsibility of the person behind him to stop in time as well. If you watch the video, the car in front of him also panic stops - he was simply in a bad position. Unless of course you want to blame him for not seeing what was going on in front of the car that was in front of him

You're right and I said same. Of course it's the persons fault behind but your last sentence makes my point. He could have been paying a bit more attn maybe?, again not laying blame and could have created more time for person behind or maybe downshift move to the right and accelerate out of harms way.

As mentioned above I've been in EXACT same place and same thing happened.
Sometimes it is unavoidable.

You're right and I said same. Of course it's the persons fault behind but your last sentence makes my point. He could have been paying a bit more attn maybe?, again not laying blame and could have created more time for person behind or maybe downshift move to the right and accelerate out of harms way.

As mentioned above I've been in EXACT same place and same thing happened.
Sometimes it is unavoidable.

Now that I reread, you pretty much did say the same thing. Well good sir, I concur :lol:

Well...............I Love to Ride !!!:thumbsup: Now if the **** hits the Fan then I will Give Up Anyone of My Kids because I love My Wife and Grand-Daughters but Untill then ?

Boulevard and Busa 005.JPG

Definetly pick the bike. If married then she would be on the couch. My wife knows there will be no more of me without a bike. Plus she likes riding on it to much, she is the ultmate mod to make my bike look good. :laugh:

i lost my last relationship because of busa.. and i dont care.. busa and me = ultimate :love:

Once her sexual urges are managed with a single dose of Nymphotrol (wedding cake) he'll have regrets about trading away bike riding privileges for, what at this moment he supposes to be, a never ending supply of nookie.

cheers
ken

Back