GIpro w/TRE, Speedohealer, +3 on Rear=OMG!

flynlow

Registered
Thanks to some of you and the Org., I now have neck-snapping power. The electrical part was simple enough.

The sprockets and chain required tools that I don't have here and don't have room for. My local dealer, Broward Motorsports, spanked me for $212 for that install. They claimed that the rear sprocket needed machining to fit over the hub and thats why it cost $50 more then quoted.:banghead:

SprocketCenter claims I'm the first to have a problem.???

I'd highly recommend the 17/43 (Gen1) set up for those not needing 180+ top-end and want a little more pep on the low end.

Also, 60 on GPS was a little over 70 on the speedo. I ended up with a -14.7 calibration on the 'healer.

The other thing added was a set of C.F. Akra. bolt-ons, which give a nice deep sound, and look much better then the stock cans.

Very happy with just these few mods. and the resources here to learn of them! :cheerleader:

We need to see some pics! I have never heard of a sprocket having to be machined to fit over the hub.

If they had to machine the sprocket its the wrong one or they are full of it. Glad you like it. I run 17-45 on the gen2 and love it. Speedohealer is sweet and an easy install too.
Posted via Mobile Device

The sprocket machining sounds fishy. I'd pull it off and see if it looks like it's been touched at all.

How wheelie-happy is it now? Mine felt great when I first bought it, but after getting used to it over 1600 miles it didn't seem that shocking anymore. The front would get light in 2nd gear, but it certainly wouldn't stand up on it's own without clutching or anything.

So, over the winter I went +2 in the rear. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet, wondering if it turns into a unicycle. :D

The machining sounded fishy to me too. This stealer and I have been through this BS many of times over 30+ years. First time I've been there in 10 or so. Probably be a bit longer this time. They're just so close to where I live.

I done all this Friday and weather has been so-so for FL. Haven't really rode it much, but the front end is definitely lighter. Short-shift second, it's up. Not what I was looking to achieve, but I'll take it. I like the closer gear ratio it gave.

This is my first sport-bike since the late 80's. I got it about 7 months ago. The power of the 'Busa was amazing, now it's astonishing! For me anyway. :laugh:

Oops. I'll have to be careful then. At least power wheelies are small and easy to control. :D

Where'd you end up mounting the speedohealer?

Good lets get together and ride.
The sprocket should have been a perfect fit ?
I had to do a little to get mine to fit only cuz some of the Powder coat had gotten into the area that fit over wheel.
Most all others should just go right on.
But there is a diff in 'machining' something and just needin to give it a quick hit with a dremel to get to fit perfect.
Maybe it was just a bit tight and guy made it perfect.
Wont say he did you a favor ?

How far are you from this place ?

Blais Cycle South Florida's #1 High Performance Motor Cycle Services

It is where I go. Same costs involved just a much,much , much nicer group to deal with. Like family you are not a customer.

So you know the Broward Motorsprorts here in West Palm is more eager for you biz.

One by you told me 75 bucks a tire to change old to new if wheel was off bike.

Broward Moto here in WPB said 25 bucks a piece !

Come up next time you will be happier.

Same name but this store is newer and needs the biz more it seems !

Not too sure I wanna change the sprockets as even now just shifting 1st to 2nd she will stand and if I try hard the wheel will come off in 3rd.

Bet thing pulls your arms off now !

I'm sure you'll learn to ride with it as I will. Just don't wanna get caught by the po-po here in FL with a wheel up, $1000+ fine for first offense!

Ended up under the passenger seat (hump). The cable is kinda stiff and it just makes it there. I was afraid of moisture under the driver seat. Didn't use the 'top speed recall' cable, so don't know where that woulda ended up.

Thanks for that link Blanca. If I need work I'll contact them. Not that far from me.

For Tires, I've got Competition Cycle Center a mile away, free install & balance for cash & carry. Paid $210 for a 17/210 Metzler ME880 for the HD. No wrenching there yet, but their thinking of starting it.

The WPB dealer probably is better. Tried to buy a FJR from them but thankfully it didn't work out. Found my Busa instead!

The PC on the sprocket was probably the culprit, SprocketCenter said it would be possible, and Broward MS decided to capitalize on it.

Would definitely like to hook up and ride with ya. We're probably near 90 miles apart, but it would make for a good days ride!

The Broward Motorsports here is in the old Lexus of Palm Beach property.

BIG NUT to pay every month. They are more eager and it seems a bit more friendly.

Figure I should post an update regarding my sprocket install.

I was called by Broward MS on Monday to do a satisfaction survey. I let them aware I was less than pleased, wouldn't recommend them, and would never step foot in there again. "As a matter of fact, I'm a member of the largest Busa forum and I'm sharing my experience there. I feel robbed" I said. Never hear from them again. So I thought!

Yesterday, Tuesday, I was contacted by Adam, the Service Manager. I explained my dissatisfaction about the 'machining' needed for a sprocket provided from a very reputable dealer. At best maybe a little clean up of the PC around the hub should've been needed. He said he would talk to the tech. there and get back to me.

Today, Wednesday, Adam called to inform me I could come in and get $50 back or use it as a credit for future services. He said he talked to the tech. and was told they had to use a rotary grinder to enlarge the sprocket to fit the hub. Adam felt the 5 minute grinding didn't warrant a 1/2 Hr. labor charge.

Sure would be nice to do my business there as they're like 2 miles away. Still a little skeptical though. ???

Today, Wednesday, Adam called to inform me I could come in and get $50 back or use it as a credit for future services. He said he talked to the tech. and was told they had to use a rotary grinder to enlarge the sprocket to fit the hub. Adam felt the 5 minute grinding didn't warrant a 1/2 Hr. labor charge.
Go with your gut. If u think they're taking advantage of you, don't settle for it... I'm glad you're at least getting the $50.00 back man. Still wondering about this rotary grinding business tho.

Go with your gut. If u think they're taking advantage of you, don't settle for it... I'm glad you're at least getting the $50.00 back man. Still wondering about this rotary grinding business tho.

From what I've gathered the PC closes the inner diameter ever so slightly. Sometimes enough that the sprocket won't fit over the hub, so removal of the PC may be needed by filing or grinding. Very small obstacle for those wanting a PC'd sprocket.

That story about the rear sprocket sounds fishy. I got my sprockets an chain installed for 80.00
Posted via Mobile Device

Back