Gipro Question

ericridebike

Registered
OK, another newbie question. I've read through the forums & seem to know what the Gipro with TRE will do. My question is if I install one, will it effect(void) my factory warranty? If so, is it something that is easily removable if I had to take it in for any warranty work? From what I've read, it sounds like it pretty much plugs it to factory wiring harnesses. I reallly want it for the gear indicator. I am used to having one from my previous bike (07 GSXR 600) and I really miss it. I also like the idea of having the built in TRE that I can turn on/off & use it when I'm ready to.

-Eric

i have one installed on my 06 blue/silver that i just bought new in may
of this year. it's a great little unit and does everything it says it does.
10 minute install-just follow the directions on the box. i bought mine
primarily for the digital gear indicator. the ATRE is a bonus as i find it
smooths out the powerband in the 1st 4 gears. it also removes the
186 MPH speed restriction which i haven't seen yet. as far as warranty
coverage- i don't know but i installed it anyway and would again. it can
be taken off in minutes if that is a concern anyway + i don't see how
it would void the warranty. maybe someone here can shed some light
on that.

yes any modfication that are not factory approved can void your warranty. every dealer is diffrent on this. if you take it in for repairs remove it.

my 2.5cents

(ranman @ Sep. 23 2007,08:59) yes any modfication that are not factory approved can void your warranty. every dealer is diffrent on this. if you take it in for repairs remove it.

my 2.5cents
+1

You don't have to utilize the TRE function of this device right? You can just leave it in "stock" mode can't you?

You don't have to utilize the TRE function of this device right?  You can just leave it in "stock" mode can't you?
you are correct... you can put it in 4, 5, or 6th gear map or turn the TRE off and just use it as a gear indicator.

sorry for the thread jack, but.....

If you're running a custom map, would the Gi-Pro mess it up ? (the map)

Or would it just run the custom map for the gear you have it set too ?

I had my custom map made with the TRE set in the 5th gear mode. Then just to see if there was a difference, when we were done tuning, we turned the TRE off and did a pull on the dyno, there was no difference between the two dyno pulls with the TRE on or off.

Back