Gillette fusion power..  myth?  legend?  better?

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Now that the Pacman is back I believe it's time for me to post up my evaluation of the new Gilette Fusion power...

I've been saving it for him...

Now, first things first, I am pretty damned skeptical, but I am also willing to try something even when I suspect it's hype and Horsecrap, I'll give it a shot.

First some beauty shots. Gotta say they got the package right and the design nailed. This thing looks cool...

gillettefusion.jpg

blade1.jpg

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140396201 -->

GilletteFus01.JPG

OK So Five blades? Vibrating? Hmm, Snake oil is what I was thinking...

Gillette3.JPG

So I tore into it, popped in the battery lathered up and went to it. I wasn't expecting much in fact I was expecting trouble, it's kind of intimidating have five blades vibrating next to your cheek....

But again the package rocks... Check out the Orange, looks good.

Gillette_Fusion.JPG

So, after all this, how well does it work???

Lemme Tell ya.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>It was without a doubt the very best, smoothest, closest, and least irritating shave I have ever had... No Shid!</span>

The handle is large and fits in the hand well, the shaving head pivots at the bottom very much like the MachIII and as such requires a little more pressure than you might be used to. But after the first swipe, I was surprised. Very smooth, the blades do glide across the skin smoothly with no nicks and little effort.

The head cleans very well with it's open back so there isn't alot of whiskers hanging around, it also pivots very well and the entire leading edge of the blade is a rubber skin smoothing stretchy thingy that seems to work well in standing the hairs up and getting them ready for cutting.

Even running this thing against the grain resulted in very little trouble, it just motored through without any problems, no irritation just a smooth path of whisker destruction.
thumbs-up.gif

So what about that mysterious blade on the back of this thing? WTF is that for? Well I'll tell ya, with the size of this cutting head that little solo blade came in real handy for accurately trimming the sideburns and the patch. It actually came in pretty handy...

So there it is, No I don't own stock (yet), No I am not an employee, Yes I am very picky about my shaving and this bad boy lives up to it's packaging. It's good stuff and you should feel safe giving it a try.

Trust me, you won't regret it.

I will say this though, if you've been using a different brand of razor, that has a differen't hinge mechanism for the blade, give the Fusion a few shaves before passing judgement.

When I first switched to a Gillette Mach III I thought it was fuggin broken becuase of the way it hinges at the bottom of the blade, you really have to use a differen't almost spooky pressure to achieve a great shave. So give it a shot, You'll most liekly agree... it's good stuff...

thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140395891 -->

thumbs-up.gif

I just want to know when it is all going to end. 20 blades with a moisurizing strip and installed clock. I know me, I will buy one too.

I just want to know when it is all going to end. 20 blades with a moisurizing strip and installed clock. I know me, I will buy one too.
Yeah I agree, I was thinking the same thing... OK 5 blades is getting silly, but Dayum it works real nice so I won't argue.

It kind of reminds me of goin gfrom the Black bird to a Busa. I was pretty skeptical, I mean gimmie a break, it cannot really be that much faster, or better... But sure enough, it is...

Dang man, I think that you'll have to submit your testimony to Gillette! Quite persuasive!

I've been thinking of upgrading from the bench grinder myself!
laugh.gif

Truth be told, my oldest daughter bought me a 3-bladed razor with a battery powered vibrating handle a couple of years ago for fathers day. I was very skeptical, but tried it anyway. I was very surprised by how well it worked and have been using it ever since.

But 5 blades? Holy cow! Must upgrade....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Have you used Gillette's Mach series blades? I felt the same way you did the
first time I used a Mach 3 when the first came out several years ago.

Anything from Gillette smokes the rest IMO...I have the M3 Power and its
good but nothing extraordinary compared to a basic Mach 3.

Ive tried some high end Schicks and a few others and they pretty much suck in
comparison.

Have you used Gillette's Mach series blades? I felt the same way you did the
first time I used a Mach 3 when the first came out several years ago.

Anything from Gillette smokes the rest IMO...I have the M3 Power and its
good but nothing extraordinary compared to a basic Mach 3.

Ive tried some high end Schicks and a few others and they pretty much suck in
comparison.
this is my experiance as well. I tried a whole bunch of differen't models prior to finding the MACH III, and it was a revelation it was so much kinder to my face than the others.

I remember some diamond things, and a couple of others from Shick and others. Nothing comes close, and this new Fusion is yet again another step up I think.

One thing I like about the "Power" razors is the increased width of their handles. They are a bit bigger and fit my hand better, that, combined with the coold sound effects if nothing else is why I like the power razors. I would swear that the vibrating shaivng head moves easier across the skin with less irritation, but that might just be me.

Rev, because of your legendary status here, all of us are going to by this thing. You should make sure Gillette know that you posted this that way you can get some $$$$$$$$. After all how many of us are there, 13,000 plus.

LOL JK man, thanks for the review.

Don

hrmm....well I'll be.

Nice write-up, bro...I'm diggin it. And you said it goes good against the package? Nice. I'm down for it.

Unfortunately, this island seems to be behind the times, somewhat....I haven't spied anythin new on the shelves.

Yah...everytime I hit the store, I'm always takin a quick peek down the shavin isle.

hrmm....well I'll be.

Nice write-up, bro...I'm diggin it. And you said it goes good against the package? Nice. I'm down for it.

Unfortunately, this island seems to be behind the times, somewhat....I haven't spied anythin new on the shelves.

Yah...everytime I hit the store, I'm always takin a quick peek down the shavin isle.
Say no more Brother Pac... I figure I should have a sponsorship soon...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back