Gilles or Buell pegs

THEPANTHER

Registered
Ok every 1 here's the deal: I found a 08 Busa to replace my 05 that I lost in fire a while back.
Anyway I've got a bum knee and need all the room I can get on the pegs.
I've not used either so give a brother some advise/input.
Thx in advance Krew

i have vortex rearsets on my 07 busa and I love them. easy to install and 2 adjust, and look great. But i got them as a gift and she did not get the extra piece required to make my brake light come on when I use the rear brake. I did bother with it cuz i rarely use the rear, and if I do I always use the front as well so the brake light comes on.

Hi:

I have had both on my 08 and also my gen 1 busa. Gilles much nicer esthetically and much more adjustable for clearance for track and/or twisties but the buell pegs will go lower and give you slightly more leg room. Also cost is much more with the Gillies. Ultimately depends on what you are after and your budget.

Gaetano

Thx guys I'm spending a small fortune in C/F so I think I'll try the buells .
I can always sell a kidney on fleabay to buy the Gilles ltr:laugh:

I have the Vortex rearsets as well... they match the Buell setup but at $200-$400 they are a bit spendy.. I got mine new off ebay for $175 :beerchug:

Ok every 1 here's the deal: I found a 08 Busa to replace my 05 that I lost in fire a while back.
Anyway I've got a bum knee and need all the room I can get on the pegs.
I've not used either so give a brother some advise/input.
Thx in advance Krew
gsx1300r-t aka (joe) will hook you up with buell plug and play as he did others if you didn't want to gamble with "flea bay". he's a stand up dude and turn around is quick. don't forget to mention you have a gen2 so he can provide you with the correct control adjustments. by the way i'm 6'2" and they are perfect for length.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members-members/78309-buell-peg-mod-99-09-busa-owners.html

Why not try the Buel set up first? Only cost you about $25 or $30 including the '07 spring that you will have to get at the dealer. Then if your still not happy go spend some more on Vortex etc... I have the Buel set up and I am very happy. I think the Vortex and Gilles will not lower your foort as much as the Buel set up.

Definitely go with the setup from Joe (GSX1300R-T). He does all of the work so it is an easy swap.

BuellPegs.JPG

You may want to consider getting a spare set of those Buell pegs, since they ain't gona make Buells any more.

You may want to consider getting a spare set of those Buell pegs, since they ain't gona make Buells any more.

H-D still has to honor warranties and repairs so they will have to keep parts on hand for a minimum of 5yrs. GM has to do the same thing for Oldsmobile ect.

Back