Gilles Chain Adjusters and Lifts INSTALLED

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
First off great quality from Gilles Tooling yet again. Also added to this mod is a titanium axle nut. I really wanted to go with a Ti axle but an additional $375.00 was outta the budget for this one. Suzuki couldn't get the fit and finish this well.

My picture taking skills suck, but you'll get the idea.

Here are all the pieces out of the box. Gilles also supplied extra top notch hardware for different configurations.

DSC00636.JPG

Sorry the Busa needs a good winter cleaning. Pipe side.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133998495 -->

DSC00639.JPG

Other side. The flash really screws with the true color of these pieces. They look like an identical match to the top portion of the 03' and up fork tubes.

DSC00638.JPG

230.00 total for the Adjusters and lifts and 30 bucks for the axle nut.

That's what I'm talkin' about.....a truly functional mod AND looks bad a$$ as well. On my Christmas list for sure. Well done GNT.....

Nice setup. I was wondering how a rear stand would mount up to it? I am assuming that a spooled style rear stand would not work.

Adjustment of the chain is so precise it's crazy. The adjuster slides along a numbered scale their are index marks that show exaclty where the axle is. I compared it to the string chain alignment method and it is dead on. The only difference is it took me less than a minute to set up with the new adjusters, where it would take a half hour to do the string job.

Thanks for all the kind words. I really wanted to hold back from postin the pics until tomorrow when I could get some outdoor pics. These pictures do not do them justice. The look sooo bad ass and work great!

Heres all I need to really complete the mod. A titanium axle with Ti/Nitride coating. 375. each. Available for the rear, swingarm and front. Damn! thats 1125.00 in just axles.

I will make this bike as light as a 600 one day..
wink.gif

yo_ys03.jpg

Back