Gilles chain adjuster

boribusa69

Registered
I was looking at the Gilles chain adjuster and I'm definitely getting it. I've seen that there are a few people interested in this mod, which I think is a most have. Anyways, talking to StreetNTrack he said if we can get at least 10 people willing to go for it he will get it for us at $165 + shipping. Maybe someone with enough influence can talk to him about the shipping part
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155082468 -->

gilles1.jpg

What do these things do ? What are the advantages over what came on the bike?
rock.gif

I've had them for about 6 months, Gilles quality can't be beat....those germans. Much more priecise alignment of tire and chain, much easier to get right the first time. I got mine from hardracing.com $186 tmd so $165 would be a great deal. Lucky they were simple to install, all the directions were in german, just a few words in english. Just available in black, titanium and gold.

don't forget..you will need a different rear stand if using spools now.

This is why I haven't bought them. Adjusters, rear stand plates and the stand itself. Just way to pricey.

hogger...

Actually if you have the lockhart phillips stand they sell the conversion for $25 Two cotter pins and wham switched out no problem....I love the setup can literally adjust my chain start to finish in 2 minutes flat without rushing and dont forget your little Gilles Titanium matching axle nut w/ allen set screw no more cotter pin!!!!.....SWEET Setup I Highly recommend!!!

Nice avatar...
wink.gif
Do you have any picks of your complete set up? Especially the nut side.. maybe on the stand as well? More people might pick up on this if they knew what the set up looks like on a busa...

Actually if you have the lockhart phillips stand they sell the conversion for $25 Two cotter pins and wham switched out no problem....I love the setup can literally adjust my chain start to finish in 2 minutes flat without rushing and dont forget your little Gilles Titanium matching axle nut w/ allen set screw no more cotter pin!!!!.....SWEET Setup I Highly recommend!!!
sounds easy enough.

hogger...

don't forget..you will need a different rear stand if using spools now.

This is why I haven't bought them. Adjusters, rear stand plates and the stand itself. Just way to pricey.

hogger...
You will only need a different rear stand if you decide to get the lifters.

Here is a link with good info and pics.

Nice avatar...
wink.gif
 Do you have any picks of your complete set up?  Especially the nut side.. maybe on the stand as well?  More people might pick up on this if they knew what the set up looks like on a busa...
Here is one of the pics that you'll find on the linky above...As you can see thi pic includes the adjuster with the lifter and the axle nut on a 'busa.

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155061821 -->

gilles2.jpg

Nice avatar...
wink.gif
 Do you have any picks of your complete set up?  Especially the nut side.. maybe on the stand as well?  More people might pick up on this if they knew what the set up looks like on a busa...
Here is one of the pics that you'll find on the linky above...As you can see thi pic includes the adjuster with the lifter and the axle nut on a 'busa.
Thanks for the pic...
mad.gif
There's another $200 plus added to my wish list!
tounge.gif

Nice avatar...
wink.gif
Thanks Mc!!!.You Too Semper Fi !!!...I was in 86-90....Im not sure if I have any with nut Definately not in the stand But this weekend I will be doing another photo shoot after my upgrades,.....But here's a taste!!!
The 2nd pic is with the nut the 3rd pic was before the nut!!

Turbo2-1.jpg

WatersA-R2-019-8.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

Turbo11.jpg

Turbo4.jpg

Turbo3.jpg

Turbo2.jpg

Back