Ghosts, anyone believe...

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
This isn't a left over Hallowe'en thread..

Recently while out in Newfoundland at my In-laws for my father in-law's funeral, I was out in the garage he and I built together cleaning up and finishing a few projects he had to do. I closed the door and while working it blew open, this happened 4 times and each time I closed the door I wiggled it to make sure it was tight (which it was).

My wife and her 3 sisters went to dinner together and she told me there was a light over their table which was flickering, no other light in the place was flickering and when they asked the waitress, she said they replaced that light this morning and it was working great all day.

When we were taking his casket to the hearse, a very strong wind and rain storm erupted basically out of nowhere....we got soaked awaiting the hearse to drive away...we all went back inside eventually and when we came out to leave, it was partly sunny out....

Kind of spooky...

The door thing is pretty inexplicable. The rest could be coincidence but that door....? That's weird.

Yeah, I believe in ghosts. I don't put much thought into it but I think they are a real thing and also pretty rare. They exist though. I had one experience sleeping at my grandmothers house soon after my grandfather passed. My grandfather had serious arthritis and back when he was able to walk, he walked very slow with every step clearly audible. I heard his footsteps in the house and I heard them come right in the room where I lay with my eyes squeezed shut. I was terrified to open them and I prayed to Gramps to go away because I was scared. The noise stopped and I played awake most of the night without moving a muscle and not opening my eyes. In the morning gram said she didn't hear a thing.

Might have been all a dream but I do not remember that I woke up to hear this noise. It happened before I fell asleep and it did not seem that I was half awake. I don't know. Yeah I believe spirits can remain after death though. Too many stories about that from every culture for it to be a bunch of bull.

Last edited:
I had a very VERY weird ouija board experience too. Nothing visual but darned sure weird things happened. Talking to my other grandfather and the damned thing absolutely DID stop moving when I lifted one finger off it just a hair. No one else could have known I lifted that pinky but it stopped and it started right up again when I put my finger back down. Very weird. We heard some predictions and you might say some very big family events followed suit ---not to the letter but in a round about way. My father was supposed to die in a truck accident. Gramps told us all at what age we would die but he would not tell my cousin Diane. He refused. Guess what? Diane died in a truck accident at 19 years old. That just about has me convinced spirits are out there and they can contact our world.

I was told I would marry a woman named Diane Nean. My x-wife's name is Deanna. Never met a Diane yet---or was he telling us it was my cousin Diane who was to die in the truck accident. Gramps also told me I would be divorced and have two daughters, no sons which happened. He predicted I would not be an artist, I would be a teacher and that is eventually what happened. It was somewhat twisted but I believe there was some real truth being communicated in a roundabout way for some reason. Maybe spirits have some rules about telling the future? IDK. Maybe he did not wish to reveal everything as it truly would happen. I do remember I was told I would die at some age around 50 and I think it was cancer. Hope that one doesn't come true. I'm just about there if it does.

Last edited:
Reckon it is true about ghosts / spirits , both good and bad , maybe stuck in between this reality and whatever dimension is in store for us after we die . Probably won't find out , what that or any of 'that' is , till death happens . Meantime , I will continue trying to exist as best I can , and eventually , go from there ....hahahah

Reckon it is true about ghosts / spirits , both good and bad , maybe stuck in between this reality and whatever dimension is in store for us after we die . Probably won't find out , what that or any of 'that' is , till death happens . Meantime , I will continue trying to exist as best I can , and eventually , go from there ....hahahah
Hi. When I was shot in Nam, it was on s Dust Off mission. We had Medics with us. I have parts of the bullet still next to my spine. When I woke up in the hospital in Tokyo the doc said that I was very lucky guy,he said I died and the medics brought me back. All I remember was a burning pain and all went black. That is it nothing.

Nope...
Too many problems with Dualism. Consciousness is a product of brain function.

cheers
ken

Me too @michael parris heuberger. I died in the hospital. I won't say there are no ghosts but I'm not convinced. Most things are explainable. It couldbe that your father in laws barn was shifting in the wind releasing the latch. But it could be super natural too.
No shifting was going on, that garage is built on concrete pilings and solid as heck..My older lad spent some time in there on his own and it never blew open once.

Growing up I lived in a haunted house, everyone was in the barn and I went to the house for something. I heard foot steps upstairs in my room so I went up to see who was there and I saw nothing. When I went down to the kitchen again, I heard the foot steps again...my sister-in law (brother's wife) stayed over a few times and someone sat on the edge of the bed, she thought it was my brother and went to say something to him but nobody was there...she never stayed over after that.

I find hauntings etc to be fascinating. I have yet to see anything that really convinces me they are legitimate though.

I find hauntings etc to be fascinating. I have yet to see anything that really convinces me they are legitimate though.

I've been in combat but nothing gives the pucker factor like I remember as a kid and those footsteps....

I know a number of people that have had experiences. I have not but won't rule anything out.

Back