Brock's front straps
Vortex links lowered 1.5in
M4 Slip-ons

Everything else stock

Best pass was last night @ Milan Dragway in Michigan

60ft - 1.74
1/4 mile ET - 10.27
1/4 MPH - 139.8

Later in the night, the track went to crap with it being so cold and I ended up trapping 143 MPH :laugh:

Any tips or tricks? I obviously have big plans for the winter, but we have a track rental coming up and I'd like to see a 9.9-10.0 pass

The bike:
2008 Hayabusa
Brock's front straps
Vortex links lowered 1.5in
M4 Slip-ons

Everything else stock

Best pass was last night @ Milan Dragway in Michigan

60ft - 1.74
1/4 mile ET - 10.27
1/4 MPH - 139.8

Later in the night, the track went to crap with it being so cold and I ended up trapping 143 MPH :laugh:

Any tips or tricks? I obviously have big plans for the winter, but we have a track rental coming up and I'd like to see a 9.9-10.0 pass

i think your only shifting to early.

i have a gen1 and with 60s under 1.75 i alwas hit the nines at about 138-141.

So you should see the 9 with your Gen2 if you shift near the limiter.
Seat time will do it :thumbsup:
dont change to much at a time. That was a mistake i made. Do this do that wont realy help. have another two events with your setup ,then start changing step by step.

Looks good put a clutch mod in it. But try slipping the clutch on your launch.

Last edited:
How much do you weight?

Try shifting at 11,500 indicated on the tach, that should get your MPH where it should be...

Just thought of this....isn't an ECU flash required to shift at 11,500?

The OEM tach is WAY off (600-800rpm). 11,500 indicated is closer to 10,800 actual. So if you are shifting lower you are barely even into peak power of the stock bike. Later when you put a full system on, it will be another animal up top... ;)

The OEM tach is WAY off (600-800rpm). 11,500 indicated is closer to 10,800 actual. So if you are shifting lower you are barely even into peak power of the stock bike. Later when you put a full system on, it will be another animal up top... ;)

Well I appreciate the info sir. Hopefully I can break into 9's this week

I just started going to Milan last weekend! I can't wait to go on a weds and do the test and tune. I think I will wait until spring though. How long have you been racing it?

I just started going to Milan last weekend! I can't wait to go on a weds and do the test and tune. I think I will wait until spring though. How long have you been racing it?

I've had it since August but I've only been there twice with the bike. I've made several hundred passes in the car when it use to be fast

Thanks for the advice again. Went to our track rental yesterday and tried both things you posted..... Higher shifts and getting WOT sooner...

I didn't get my 9 second pass because i couldn't get a solid 60ft, however I have bested my time everytime I've been to the track.

1.74 60 ft
10.008 ET
142.9 mph

Thanks again for the tips

More seat time will do it!

When you bump into the 1.6x 60's you'll see some 9.75-9.90s!

I think your mph coming up is because of seat time. I'm betting your picking up 100% throttle quicker in but still between the 60 and 300. 3 mph (on the first day, that is a lot of mph to make because of the air) Compare day 1 330's

2 pictures from the rental.....

5119509826_ab949637e3.jpg

Back