Getting the most from my K7 Busa stock engine info wanted

Bubba1st

Registered
My mods so far K&N air filter, Delkevic slip on end cans 350mm with removable baffles...
I am looking at GIPro with A/TRE or NITRO X FUEL COMMANDER POWER with NITRO X O2 OXYGEN LAMBDA SENSOR ELIMINATOR.
Can anyone shed some light in what direction to go any help please.. New to the Busa seen loving the bike so far :laugh:

I am just looking for ways to make it run nicer and to take out the speed restrictor also wan't a gear indicater to. On my TL1000S the A/TRE made a massive difference so i was just wondering really tbh.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

How to tell you this :laugh: You probably didn't help yourself adding the K&N airfilter. Years and years ago we had folks with dynomometers run test with various airfilters against the stock paper filter and found little to no change. You have to be very vigilant about cleaning and oiling the filter. If you under oil it you allow more harmful dirt into the engine, if you over oil it you reduce airflow through it. What are typically called slip-ons do little other than maybe change the sound, the appearance or weight of the bike. The restriction in the Gen I Busa is the exhaust header, not the airfilter or cans. The TRE has been routinely shown to be worthless here. It doesn't really remove any restrictions but simply fool the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time. In days past if you wanted a truly unrestricted Busa you had to own a '99 or '00 model, however today you can ship the ECU off and get the restriction removed.

Like stated there is a ton of information available here. There are benefits to the K&N Filter as far as cost of maintaining your bike but they come with having to clean and oil the filter properly and if you're the kinda rider that will never put 20K miles on the bike you really haven't saved money, now if you plan on putting 100K on the bike then , yes, you will have saved money.

As far as the piggy back PC, it would be a lot of money for no bang, the factory ECU does a great job for your stock bike. A dyno tune use to run about $250.00 , that would more than likely have your bike running better and you might even find a pony or two but that doesn't seem practical to me but it's your bike. Enjoy and be safe.

I run a BMC Race filter in my 1397 and oil and clean it at least 3 times a season :thumbsup:, I have a pile of tre's sitting around Blue and Black , I ride with Ivan and his son here in Rockland County NY and used his tre's untill I just gave in and got a bench flasher :) as said above if you want more power the order you should go is Full pipe new or used then take you bike to a shop that can dyno tune the bike through the ECU and flash it, dont waste your money on slip on's for a 3 to 5 hp gain if that and please stay away from shorties like voodoo that just make noise

Back