Getting the 2002 Black Hayabusa, CANT WAIT!!! GRRR

mikeyusf

Registered
Hey gentleman! My name is Mike, I live in Tampa FL, and I just put a deposit down on one of the last 2002 Black Hayabusas I've seen in Tampa. I had a comment to make though. I've been told that this is a "limited edition", originally Suzuki had the black hayabusa on the 2003 busa colors on www.suzuki.com. Now it's not there.....

Do you think they stopped making the black hayabusa? Has anyone heard anything about this? Please post or email me at gsxrmike@tampabay.rr.com and let me know if you've heard any rumors / gossip about it. Thanks!

Glad to join this community!
Mike

Welcome, my understanding was that they are still making the Black/Black...in fact I thought that the Ltd. was technically called a 2003. However, I just came from that bike show, and can tell you that it was not there. Just the new Silver/Gray and the Black/Silver.

Thinker

Hey Thinker! Yea it's like the all black hayabusa dissapeared off the 2003 suzuki website and the literature. I was wondering what everyone thought of the black hayabusa. When I first saw this bike in person at a showroom, my heart just melted. I completely feel in love with it, I thought it was the meanest, sickest looking bike I've ever seen. I've always been a fan of the busa, but that all black version just took my breath away, I had to have it! I should have it by the middle end of January (got it on layaway, lol). What is everyone's opinion of the all black busa? Do you love it? hate it? it's nothing special? Let me know

Mike

I just got one 2 weeks ago and love it!

rt.side_rear_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
omg, thats black busa has gotta be the most gorgeous bike on the planet. sheesh, cant wait till I get mine

Mike

I am obsessed with this bike. My wife is starting to have a problem with my obsession. I go in the garage and look,work,wipe and polish it. And when I am in the house, I'm on the computer learning more about the bike and finding more stuff I NEED or on the phone talking to friends about bikes and how I will smoke all others. I have had a lot of bikes but this is the one for me. I just need to control this obsession and spend a little more quality time with the wife.

Welcome to the board. I just signed all the papers 12/26. My wife is going to the Insurance Co today and registering it. Now I get to stare at it till the snow melts! I heard a rumor that the 02 Black SE was a product of left over parts. Suzuki threw it together. I also heard that the whole 03 lineup from Suzuki will have black frames. Anyone else here this?

Yes I heard the same thing about the Suzuki lineup all having black frames. Actually I could almost swear that on www.suzuki.com, about 2 months ago they had black frames, now they are back to natural/metal color. From looking through the suzuki webiste, I think the only other bike that has the black frame is the GSXR1000.

My opinion is this... they started production on the 2003 GSXR1000 sometime in may/2002 (which has a black frame) and the engineers liked the way it looked. So they decided to make a last minute "special edition" busa and painted the busa frame black, matched it to some black fairings, and easily took $10,000 right from my pocket. It was a full blown conspiracy to make Mike Phillips (me) buy a $10,000 motorcycle 2 months before buying a new house. It says it right in the literature. Now I wont have any furniture, appliances, or ceiling fans in my new house. But who gives a crap, lets go ride, lol

It was a full blown conspiracy to make Mike Phillips (me) buy a $10,000 motorcycle 2 months before buying a new house. It says it right in the literature. Now I wont have any furniture, appliances, or ceiling fans in my new house. But who gives a crap, lets go ride, lol
[/QUOTE]
I like your style.

Hi, a couple of pics of my 02 SE. I was previousley on the board as BRBUSA, but since I had to re-register due to the site going down, I thought Stealth_Busa was a better name.

Here is a letter sent to Suzuki dealers offering the Black Busa. My local dealer (Winston Salem, N.C.) requested three and I got the first one that arrived in July 02. I thought these were going to be "limited editions" but it looks like they are offering the Black Busa in other countries for 2003. I think Canada and England are getting them, and maybe other European countries. But it may still be considered a "limited edition" if all other Black Busa's don't have the "BK" as part of the VIN number. Does anyone know how many LE Black Busas came to the states?

busainfo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, now that is some serious inside info! Good work getting that information. From what I can tell from that letter, it looks like we were right, they are not going to make the 2003 Hayabusa in all black. Tell ya what, that black/silver color is gorgeous too!

Cant wait to get mine, I should have it by the end of this next week! Grrrrr!

Mike

Back