Getting seen at night

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So my wife told me the other night that seeing me on the bike is difficult at night and she wants me to be safer. I still have the stock reflectors on the bike but I want to try to find something like a reflective kanji to sew onto my jacket. Another thing I saw that i would probably like was on another guys helmet it was like a flasher on the back of his helmet.....Has anyone ever seen these or have any idea?

I have a back-off break light. It flashes 3 times then goes steady

If you are into the LED's...maybe a few strips of light?

Do you have HID headlight?

What color is your gear?

I have this for my helmet:
1hhbm75.jpg

And this one is a requirement for Navy guys on base (some may find this dorky or geeky)
41Ay1N6G2zL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Do you have HID headlight?

What color is your gear?

No not yet on the headlight, and my gear is dark blue and black. What she was mostly concerned of is being seen from behind. So like a reflective kanji patch on the back or something like that.

My wife said if I got a black bike I had to have a way to make it more visible at night from the back/side.....hello excuse to spend money on LED's :thumbsup: I now have a very well lit bike at night :poke:

I was gonna say helmet halo, but ya beat me to it.

Most gear these days has all sorts of reflective stuff built it. How much do you want to glow?

Awhile back a jacket came out that the entire thing was reflective fluorescence when you shined light on it. Pricey though.

Thats why I got rid of my aftermarket undertail and went back to stock. Wife said she couldnt see the blinkers. I havent looked for one for the Busa, but I had a module on my HD that turned my blinkers into running lights/blinkers. Would help with visibility.

I added reflective decals to my helmet. Shows up well with the reflective piping in my jacket and pants.
Without flash:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
With flash:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Another thing I saw that i would probably like was on another guys helmet it was like a flasher on the back of his helmet.....Has anyone ever seen these or have any idea?

My GMAX helmet has a flashing light on the back.. cheezy.. but I do turn it on when we are doing group rides at night.. it helps the people who may not be as familiar with the road. They say it is really bright and they can see it for over a mile on a straight road. It flashes slow, fast, and constant on.

I think you can buy a flashing light like they use for the little kids in motocross.

Back