Getting rid of tbis bike...just taking up space

Deputy

Registered
Good Grief! You didn't think I was talking about my Busa did you?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Nahh...the RC51 is going in trade for a new 2003 Hayabusa 40th Anniversary Edition. I talked to the dealer and I got dibs on the first ORANGE MONSTER® that comes through the door
biggrin.gif

Yep...it's already got a nickname.

Dep

rock.gif
laugh.gif

Nahh...the RC51 is going in trade for a new 2003 Hayabusa 40th Anniversary Edition. I talked to the dealer and I got dibs on the first ORANGE MONSTER that comes through the door
biggrin.gif

Dep
Will that be your second Busa? Or have you been hangin with us in anticipation of the Monster? What is the anticipated delivery date?

rock.gif
laugh.gif

Nahh...the RC51 is going in trade for a new 2003 Hayabusa 40th Anniversary Edition. I talked to the dealer and I got dibs on the first ORANGE MONSTER that comes through the door
biggrin.gif

Dep
Will that be your second Busa? Or have you been hangin with us in anticipation of the Monster? What is the anticipated delivery date?
It will be my second Busa. I've got a black and grey one that originally gave me Busafever. A pity...I never rode the RC51. It's supposed to be a good bike. Mine has exactly ONE mile on it and I didn't even put that on it. Rode the Busa first and immediately got spoiled.

Dealer said delivery date will be April 25th or earlier. Earlier I hope.

Dep

I'm Jealous.... 2 bikes... one rider... your such a player...

Congrats. on the "Orange Monster"

Thanks for all the great comments. Part of the nice thing about owning a Busa is fellow owners are so supportive.
I could mention another forum I am on related to the RC51 where that is not the case. You either ride and wear what they think is right, or you are a "squid". No typecasting or name-calling here. That's cool
biggrin.gif

Dep

Dont you already have a Busa? If so, why would you trade the best curve bike ever for another of the same bike?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

Dont you already have a Busa?  If so, why would you trade the best curve bike ever for another of the same bike?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???
Good question and I have a (good, I hope) answer to it. I bought the Honda based on two things...

#1 2002 WSB champion. I figured if it was good enough to beat the world, it had to be one badass bike. That was a mistake on my part.

#2 Previously I had owned all Harleys, so I figured a V-twin Jap bike would be a good transition. This is probably true, but after riding the Busa I have ZERO intrest in the RC51 or any other V-twin.

As to it being the best curve bike ever...I don't do curves. I bought it thinking it was the hottest bike out there in V-twins. It is. It has the most horsepower of any stock V-twin.
The big problem is Honda detuned the snot out of the motor for public use. Even worse...performance goodies for the engine are almost non-existent, and any horsepower increases obtained from them are minimal. Stock horsepower is in the 126-133 range. Horsepower for the WSB bikes is around 200. That's a considerable DROP in horsepower to make up. And you really can't. Best you can get with the hottest mods for it is around 150. Yes, it's a tremendous bike for tracks. You can get all kinds of goodies to make it take curves like crazy. But I have NO roundy-round tracks anywhere near me, and even if I did, that isn't where my interest lies. I am a drag racer....not a tail chaser
wink.gif

Sooo...I dump the RC51 and go for a second Busa. This way I can keep one bike for mainly street use and another setup more for the drags. Sure is great to be retired and able to afford both
biggrin.gif

Dep

rock.gif

I don't see how you don't ride the rc. I would. I just bought a 03 gix 750 for the twisties, it is awesome. I have got it now basically for the track. I am enjoying the sweepers and wheelies. I dropped one in the front and added two to the back, it is awesome. It will wheelie with just a bounce in third. I imagine that it will clutch up in fourth. It still does not touch the thrill of riding the busa.

I don't see how you don't ride the rc.  I would.  I just bought a 03 gix 750 for the twisties, it is awesome.  I have got it now basically for the track.  I am enjoying the sweepers and wheelies.  I dropped one in the front and added two to the back, it is awesome.  It will wheelie with just a bounce in third.  I imagine that it will clutch up in fourth.  It still does not touch the thrill of riding the busa.
Rich: The RC has ZERO miles on it and I am getting almost what I paid for it as a trade in. I am just not into twisties is all. Never was and never will be.

And on a side note....today I got a super deal on a '79 Harley FXE. I just couldn't resist. Now I need a bigger garage
sad.gif

Dep

Ya I guess if you are not into twisties at all then there is not any reason to have it. Cool that you found a harley. I paid off the busa. When I get done on the gix I am going to start building a custom.

Well here's the update. Still no 40th Anniversary Busa (they said April 25th so I guess they meant it) and still waiting on delivery of the Harley. Can we say IMPATIENT?
With my luck they'll BOTH arrive at the same time.
Well....I guess that wouldn't be BAD
wink.gif

Dep

you sound like me deputy, (except that I would have ridden the RC). I had a TL1000R for about a year and I find that the twins are the best wheelie machines. Sold that for a GSXR750 for the track, and sold that last year for the BUSA at the drag strip.

Yea, there was a period when I had a garage full of bikes too. People would always ask me how many I could ride at one time. ONE. But depending on what kind of riding mood I am in at any given time will determine which bike I will ride. Hopefully business will pick up and I will relive that most joyous time in my life once again.

Have fun and be safe!

Final Update...after much thought and a lot of input from the guys on this forum, I have decided against buying the 40th Anniversary Edition. Yesterday I went out and bought a second Harley (the 1999FXDX). I'm keeping my 2003 Busa (of course!) and still am crazy about it. But the '99 FX will give me a reliable long range cruiser. The '79 Superglide will be my around-town nosiemaker
smile.gif

The Busa will be what I roll out when someone says I only drive slow hogs or when I need to say "holy poop" a buch of times
wink.gif

Dep
P.S. Thanks to all who sent e-mails or posted advice. I really do appreciate it!!

Back