getting ready to pimp a Gen I

Discussion in 'Ball Z Motorsports' started by rubbersidedown, Jul 13, 2013.

1. rubbersidedown

rubbersidedown BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Questions about swing arm kits:

Obviously what would be the best price on yer 240 complete kit in black?

No offence to you or your company but can the cover plate be supplied without a logo.(Rubb doesn't advertise for anybody,not even Suzuki.My bikes have always run grafx free. No kanji's etc):laugh:

Should I buy a complete rear shock or just up grade the spring or niether is nessecary in your opinion?

Do you sell these suspension up grades and price?

Do you ship to Canada? If so,cost and time frame.

Do these modded trans sprokets put any undo stress on counter shaft bearings and seal?

I am a big fan of matched tires. Can I get the same brand/tread pattern front and rear,what brand,your best price and your recommendation appreciated.

The kit comes with a stocker 240 chrome wheel,cost of adding a chrome front to the package? I could probably send you an' exchange.

In your opinion what length of arm should i order to acheive the best look. I'm after an arm that would make my Busa tail section flow down onto the circumferance of the back tire...if that make sense to you.

Thank you Sir. :bowdown:

RSD.

2. Ball Z Motorsports

Ball Z Motorsports Site Sponsor Registered

Contests won:

Hello,
    Unfortunately we have stopped having our fat tire kits manufactured for the time being. The machine shop is having a difficult time keeping up with us so we have decided to concentrate on our small parts for now. We do have 1 330 kit left in stock and another chrome 240 kit in the works. So we just can't help you on this kit. I will do my best to try and help answer your questions though.

Several options on the rear shock. If you are trying to keep the price down you can stiffen your stocker up and keep the tail at a safe distance from the rear tire to prevent bottoming out. That normally means the bike is going to sit pretty high in the rear though. Depending on what your local shop charges to swap the spring on the shock it is fairly inexpensive to put a heavier spring on the stock shock but still not the best ride. There are some aftermarket shocks out their but I personally have not had any experience with them and they have been expensive/difficult to get when we have tried. Most of our customers stiffen the spring up on initial install and then decide shortly after to go with an Air Fx air ride. If you can swing it I would recommend going with Air FX air ride along with the initial install. These air rides give you the best ride possible with a fat tire and allows you to lower the bike without risking bottoming out on the tail if set up correctly. Price depends on which route and what options you go with.

Yes, we ship to Canada daily, cost depends on Exactly what is in the kit and it is next to impossible for us to quote the shipping before the kit is packaged ready to go. We only charge actual shipping charges. You will be responsible for custom duties and taxes when received. Time frame depends on what Exactly is in the kit and what Exactly the manufacturer has in stock when ordered. Kits take anywhere from 3-14 weeks. RC Component wheels take around 3 weeks to get in. The black arms are normally quickest but still in the 4-7 week range to be built if not in stock.

We have never had any problem with any brand of kit on the countershaft bearings and or seals

Yes, we can do Shinko, Avon or Perrelli tires in a matching set for the 240 size.

Sorry but we do not do chrome exchange outside of the US. The stocker kits are mainly for guys that already have a chromed front wheel. If you need the front it wouldn't cost much more to go with a set of custom wheels front and rear especially with shipping to Canada.

Everyone has a different opinion on length. Depending on what brand arm you end up with they normally have some adjustment, Roaring Toyz have 2 inches. We set ours at around 6 inches over in most cases.

I hope this helps somewhat. For the time being on the kit you are after we would have to recommend Roaring Toyz. You can go directly through them or give us a call as we are distributors for their products. I'm not sure on the side plates we will have to check on that at the time we get the quote. Most companies charge extra for plain or custom engraved side plates. This is because they are made in large runs and also because of advertising purposes. The Roaring Toyz kit will more than likely be a little higher than the kits we were doing. Their ETA are normally fairly accurate and the kit goes together without any problems. If that is something you would like a quote on please call the shop 9-5:30 central time.

For better service please email Sales@BallZMotorsports.com or call us Toll Free 888-511-BIKE(2453)

3. Lycan6

Lycan6 Registered

Contests won:
    +1 on the roaring toys kit. They are a but in the pricey side but j think well worth it. Easy to put together and gives the look that you are after. Here's mine from the side. I did their 2-4 arm. But you can't sit it less than 3 because if the tire itself sits too close to the inside if the arm. But it looks great.

image-716436615.jpg

image-1446819593.jpg

image-716436615.jpg

image-1446819593.jpg

4. Lycan6

Lycan6 Registered

Contests won:
    Oh yeah. As for the spring. I went with a Hyperpro progressive spring. When I have a passenger I stiffen the compression and I'm good. One up riding I leave it where it's comfortable for me. I don't do a lot of two up though. Only during rallies.

5. rubbersidedown

Contests won:
    Thank you gentlemen.:thumbsup:

RSD.

6. frisbee

frisbee GODSPEED RACING Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Thompsons also makes good arms . no logos too

7. rubbersidedown

Contests won:
    They are supposed to be very strong too. Thanks frisbee.

8. dadofthree

dadofthree Seasoned Beef Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Make sure you do your homework I have seen tons of nightmare post about custom swingarms. Lots of failures. Some people have not heard the old saying you get what you pay for.

9. ctmyers

ctmyers Registered

Contests won:
    ball z is awesome, got most of my chrome from them, toni is the person to talk to, she`s great
    ended up getting my arm from roaring toyz, selling it now, but its a great kit, went 6 over, and got the upgraded radial brake

securedownload.jpg