Getting ready for warm weather, tips/tricks welcome...

Jacobs

OEM Parts/Accessory guy
Donating Member
Registered
Alright here's the deal. I bought my 08 used in pretty much stock form. It had M4 drag slip-ons and that's it. I've since then added/changed the following

2008 Hayabusa

Yoshimura R-77 single-side Full system Carbon
Bazzaz EFI controller
O2 Eliminator
BMC Race Filter
Stretched 4in
Lowered 2.5in w/ links
Epic Top clamp lowered front
+3 rear sprocket
Puig Double Bubble
Welded Clutch "hub"
Brock's straps

And I think that's pretty much it. The bike is first a street bike and second a "Test and tune" drag bike. I'm not trying to drag knee or make the bike turn. It is 100% a cruiser on the street and a drag bike at the track. There will be no chrome or lights or etc on the bike

Any other mods I can do or anyone can recommend to get me down the 1320 faster?

Air shifter,short gsxr (or cut them) airbox stacks,take out the filter,remove the 2nd tb plates,a good rear tire..

practice is also good..those 08s fly though,wind out first no matter what and hit Your shift points and it will go good!!!!!

Air shifter,short gsxr (or cut them) airbox stacks,take out the filter,remove the 2nd tb plates,a good rear tire..

practice is also good..those 08s fly though,wind out first no matter what and hit Your shift points and it will go good!!!!!

YES! I have my secondaries out and it's a great improvement!

Ive heard mixed thoughts on removing the secondaries. But have you had good results with it? very noticable? and i have to agree we want pics!!! haha :beerchug:

Justin, where's the pics? :rulez:

That's too much word candy. :poke::poke:

Haha I know I know. I'm kind of waiting for the final product. It's been pieced together over time so I don't have a picture of all the parts. Here's the exhaust:

Seat time, seat time, and more seat time.

Unless you want to spray it.

Have you had it dyno tuned??

I'm going to hold off on the bottle for alittle while. I want to try to ride the bike to it's full potential on motor first.

Since we no longer have a tuner here, the bike will be going to Schnitz soon for the tune.

I'm leaving the secondaries in. I haven't seen a dyno chart to show it's worth the gain. The air shift is most definitely in the plans, thanks for reminding me

If I were going to dragrace - I'd goto Brock's site to have a looksee on what mod's he added after he got his to make his times the best they could be. Maybe he did something you want to try.

Since - you are going to Ryan - I'd say consider binning the BAZZAZ and go ecu tuning. I do not know what the diff is they charge to tune add in (Baz/PCx) vs straight ecu. I'm not exactly sure what other firm/hardware you will need to stay on the bike but I'm expect you may not need Gregg's whole kit. I hope to visit Ryan before June '11 for ecu tuning and removing my pc3.

I have that Yosh on one of my G2 Birds; nice product.

Back