Getting ready for 600 mile oil change this weekend

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Wondering how much plastic I have to remove to do the 600 mile service. I talked to Suzuki (local steeler) and he said it would not void the warranty as long as I keep good maintenance records. I'm not a person to let anyone work on my bikes so this one is no exception.

I'm looking at the maintenance schedule and it says to re torque the header bolts as well as all other bolting, so with that said, Need to know what to take off gaining access to them and filter with out removing unnecessary parts. I'm at work and cant picture it at the moment.

I plan on going with Amsoil 10W40 and OEM oil filters just to show I'm purchasing OEM parts. Like all my other bikes but not until the second oil change. Need to break it in fully, I don't feel that 600 miles is enough to do that just yet. (Just my opinion).

Your thoughts are much appreciated

Just need to take off right side fairing is all. Some leave inner panels on but i prefer to take them out. Same thing on chin skirt.
Watch the video here again as well as study the pics I posted in this thread.
TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT GIVE IT TOO MUCH EFFORT.
MOST ESPECIALLY PAY ATTN IN VIDEO WHERE I SHOW YOU HOW TO LIFT UP ON 'PEG' ON TOP OR YOU WILL BREAK IT BY PULLING IT OUT.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

First time off there will be some 'poppin' and 'snappin' but again if you're giving it more effort than it would take to lift a brick your fixing to break something.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
To get filter out with the factory headers on I dont think or should I say cant remember if you need to loosen the oil cooler mounting bolts so you can move it just a bit forward and wiggle filter out ?

Thanks Saiid, Much appreciated. Just remembered you had sent that to me before and well done if I may say so myself

Wondering how much plastic I have to remove to do the 600 mile service. I talked to Suzuki (local steeler) and he said it would not void the warranty as long as I keep good maintenance records. I'm not a person to let anyone work on my bikes so this one is no exception.

I'm looking at the maintenance schedule and it says to re torque the header bolts as well as all other bolting, so with that said, Need to know what to take off gaining access to them and filter with out removing unnecessary parts. I'm at work and cant picture it at the moment.

I plan on going with Amsoil 10W40 and OEM oil filters just to show I'm purchasing OEM parts. Like all my other bikes but not until the second oil change. Need to break it in fully, I don't feel that 600 miles is enough to do that just yet. (Just my opinion).

Your thoughts are much appreciated

If you want to do all the bolt checks like the service manual recommends you'll need to pull off the left side fairing and the nose fairing to get to the triple tree bolts. At least I did with the torque wrench I was using. :beerchug:

If you want to do all the bolt checks like the service manual recommends you'll need to pull off the left side fairing and the nose fairing to get to the triple tree bolts. At least I did with the torque wrench I was using. :beerchug:

Do you actually think that the Steeler doesthat when they do the service? Did you find any bolts that where not torqued properly when you did yours?

I have my doubts about the dealers around my parts but I think you have better choices in Florida. At least when I lived there you did. :laugh:

I did find a couple bolts that needed to be torqued down a bit. Nothing hand loose but one of the four bolts on the lower triple needed about 5 ft pounds added to it. Probably nothing to worry about but I'm glad I found it none the less.

I have my doubts about the dealers around my parts but I think you have better choices in Florida. At least when I lived there you did. :laugh:

I did find a couple bolts that needed to be torqued down a bit. Nothing hand loose but one of the four bolts on the lower triple needed about 5 ft pounds added to it. Probably nothing to worry about but I'm glad I found it none the less.

Better safe than sorry, just dredding taking all the plastic off

Better safe than sorry, just dredding taking all the plastic off

Just take your time and don't rush. Blanca's video covers the hardest parts. The dash and nose comes apart really easily. Just make sure you have a copy of the service manual to reference. Feel free to PM me or post up if you have any problems. I'm about ready to do my 7500 mile service so I've had the bike apart a few times now. :thumbsup:

Just take your time and don't rush. Blanca's video covers the hardest parts. The dash and nose comes apart really easily. Just make sure you have a copy of the service manual to reference. Feel free to PM me or post up if you have any problems. I'm about ready to do my 7500 mile service so I've had the bike apart a few times now. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer, Blanca has been really helpful and I shouldnt have any problems. I do have the service manual for a back up.

Thanks again,

Back