Getting Divorced..............again

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
My wife and I were married for 13.5 years the first time. We got divorced but lived together for 2 years and then got remarried in 2005. Things haven't been going well the last 5-6 months. This past weekend we sat down and realized/accepted that we are much better friends than spouses. We told our 14 year old and he is ok. It is all good and we are happier than we have been. I am not moving out just yet, she lost her job a coouple of weeks ago due to corporate down sizing. I am just moving to the other side of the house. We have a spare room with a full bath. as soon as she gets another job then I willl move out. We are happy with our decision and will be better for it in the long run.

Don

Good luck. It's nice to see that it doesn't always have to end with both sides wanting to get everything the other person has. Especially when there is a kid involved.

Wow. A couple of life changing events, huh? Retired, new niple rings and now divorce. I'm very sorry things didn't work out between you but it sounds like you really tried. It sounds like you two aren't bitter about things and will try to be fair with eachother.

Don sorry to hear this but happy for youat the same time that you guys and your kid are good and happy with the outcome.

Don, I'm glad everyone is alright with the change. Please let me know if I can do anything. A fresh start can be very good in a lot of ways
smile.gif

Keep it out of the courts as much as you can. I'm sure you already know this but its better to be able to make your own decisions than have some judge who doesn't know you or your spouse making them for you.

Sounds like you're both taking the high road here, nothing bad or bitter...that's so rare and will no doubt be easier than the alternatives.

Good luck to you both...tons of life-changing events in your life as of late Don; take it all in stride...
smile.gif

Don, even though its working out I'm sorry to hear this....
So, does this mean your not in the doghouse for this...?

EurekaSpringsBikeRun_April08_025.jpg

Good luck. It's nice to see that it doesn't always have to end with both sides wanting to get everything the other person has. Especially when there is a kid involved.
most divorces go smoothly if the guy rolls over and plays dead. Many do. The few who put up a fight,well.....it becomes a fight. And yes, I have seen many divorces where the woman walks away...they go smoothly also. Problem is normally when we have to determine our worth to the gain of a relationship. Men are normally the visual bread winner thus feel no matter what, if they have to give up anything they got screwed. Women on the other hand also feel they work harder and society is againist them thus they demand more to feel they got a fair shake.

compromise has to be a 2 way street.

best of luck. Sounds like you've been down this road before so you should already now the rules.

Congratulations!

My one and only divorce remains in the top 5 highlights/smartest decisions of my life.

Very mature of you two.

Best wishes, Don.

Don,
Sorry to hear that it has to happen, but it sounds like it is happening as best as it could be.

Let me know if you need anything...

It seems like you are handling things properly. I'm not an advocate for divorce, but......

I'm proud of you for staying and taking care of things. I am also proud of the peacefulness.

Wow, sorry to hear it, Don. Not what you would expect to deal with as you are starting your retirement, but it sounds like you two are handling it well. Good luck.

As long as you are happy things are good.... Also, good luck to you

Back