Getting carried away w/ the rating system

i havent rated anyone and probably never will mostly because it is pointless. i was under the impression that the rating was to help the new comers to the board get a better idea of who you are and to better help them make the decision of buying goods from you or not based on that rating. having a good or bad rating based on threads you posted in doesnt have anything to do with the kind of person you are to deal with. therefor i find it pointless. just my .02 rate it however you desire
brave.gif
laugh.gif

(psycobusa @ Nov. 13 2006,14:47) i havent rated anyone and probably never will mostly because it is pointless.  i was under the impression that the rating was to help the new comers to the board get a better idea of who you are and to better help them make the decision of buying goods from you or not based on that rating. having a good or bad rating based on threads you posted in doesnt have anything to do with the kind of person you are to deal with. therefor i find it pointless. just my .02 rate it however you desire  
brave.gif

laugh.gif
And to add to that..................... I like to rate members based on their helpful post or responses.

Never done business with anyone here but I like to give out 5's to people who take the time to post installation walk throughs and tips on inexpensive/free mods. Rhythm just got himself another 5.
smile.gif

Hate to say it but every board I've been a member of that's tried the rating system has removed it. It starts off cool but after a while people start getting hurt feelings followed by full blown pissing matches.
rant.gif

(VaBusa @ Nov. 13 2006,08:11) It's more of a popularity contest at this time...hoping it will eventually be a true reflection of the caliber member you are vs someone didn't agree with the team you like or your favorite color Busa *insert rolling eyes smiley now*
Five
jump9.gif

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 13 2006,10:06) I agree... someone gave me a 1. I guess I must have said something wrong.

I have 3- 5's 1- 3 and 1 - 1. With wide spread ratings it really lowers the effectiveness of the rating system. Or at least let us know who rates us so it will be more thought out before someone just throws you a 1 for no reason.
Since it's just a popularity thing... maybe the heading above/below the rating bar should say exactly that.

But...

It will make things worse if we know who rated us because some people will then start posting about it or sending pm's to people asking "why did you give me that rating?"...

Back