Getting carried away w/ the rating system

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Not that I was ever really concerned about maintaining my 5 rating, but it struck me as odd that immediately after I posted a thread about Notre Dame moving up in the College Football BCS rankings I was almost immediately demoted by some hater for being a Notre Dame fan.

I know most people here are familiar with me by now so to be honest I'm not worried about being mis-represented by a stupid rating. But when I see unfamiliar members w/ a 1-2 rating it makes wonder if they truly are an @sshole.

Just hope nobody is giving somebody a sh!t rating because of something stupid like an avatar or a fan of something.
rant.gif

I agree... someone gave me a 1. I guess I must have said something wrong.

I have 3- 5's 1- 3 and 1 - 1. With wide spread ratings it really lowers the effectiveness of the rating system. Or at least let us know who rates us so it will be more thought out before someone just throws you a 1 for no reason.

i said it before and will say it again, i give two more months and there will be no 5's on this board. children have some buttons they can play with now. but take it for what it is. just a game of numbers, nothing more. if i can not give someone a 5, then i will not give a rating, so far everone is a 5 to me, we all have our opinions that is the beauty of this board, we can discuss anything about everthing.

It's more of a popularity contest at this time...hoping it will eventually be a true reflection of the caliber member you are vs someone didn't agree with the team you like or your favorite color Busa *insert rolling eyes smiley now*

(VaBusa @ Nov. 13 2006,08:11) It's more of a popularity contest at this time...hoping it will eventually be a true reflection of the caliber member you are vs someone didn't agree with the team you like or your favorite color Busa *insert rolling eyes smiley now*
I'd give 5 stars to someone if they had a pink Busa.

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 13 2006,11:13)
(VaBusa @ Nov. 13 2006,08:11) It's more of a popularity contest at this time...hoping it will eventually be a true reflection of the caliber member you are vs someone didn't agree with the team you like or your favorite color Busa *insert rolling eyes smiley now*
I'd give 5 stars to someone if they had a pink Busa.
Damn, I just had it put back to the original silver and gray!!! LOL

Go ahead, hit me...give me a 1...

(thepushercg @ Nov. 13 2006,08:08) i said it before and will say it again, i give two more months and there will be no 5's on this board. children have some buttons they can play with now. but take it for what it is. just a game of numbers, nothing more. if i can not give someone a 5, then i will not give a rating, so far everone is a 5 to me, we all have our opinions that is the beauty of this board, we can discuss anything about everthing.
I recall you stating that actually. All in all, I'm not concerned about it because I know that most of the regulars here have read enough of my posts to have come to their own conclusions.

Peace.

gave everyone here 5's - some I like and some who have helped me out. All good people IMO.

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 13 2006,09:06) I agree... someone gave me a 1.  I guess I must have said something wrong.  

I have 3- 5's 1- 3 and 1 - 1.  With wide spread ratings it really lowers the effectiveness of the rating system.  Or at least let us know who rates us so it will be more thought out before someone just throws you a 1 for no reason.
how did you see what you got?

Here is the way that I view the ratings...
I have only rated a couple of people so far - but the ones that I have recieved a PM from me explaining what I was rating them and why...
I give ratings for things like going out of your way to help people or continually doing dumb stuff.... like repeatedly posting things after you are warned about them...

I figure that if I take it seriously, others might try as well...

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 13 2006,10:06) I agree... someone gave me a 1.  I guess I must have said something wrong.  

I have 3- 5's 1- 3 and 1 - 1.  With wide spread ratings it really lowers the effectiveness of the rating system.  Or at least let us know who rates us so it will be more thought out before someone just throws you a 1 for no reason.
How do you know the break out? Just curious...

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 13 2006,08:02) Not that I was ever really concerned about maintaining my 5 rating, but it struck me as odd that immediately after I posted a thread about Notre Dame moving up in the College Football BCS rankings I was almost immediately demoted by some hater for being a Notre Dame fan.

I know most people here are familiar with me by now so to be honest I'm not worried about being mis-represented by a stupid rating.  But when I see unfamiliar members w/ a 1-2 rating it makes wonder if they truly are an @sshole.

Just hope nobody is giving somebody a sh!t rating because of something stupid like an avatar or a fan of something.
rant.gif
I gave you a 5, brought you up from a 3.8 to a 3.9

beerchug.gif

(StuckInBaghdad @ Nov. 13 2006,09:08) I think I have the lowest rating on here! No idea why.
Cause some people are passive agressive jerk bags... not me though.

I gave you a 5-er. Got you up to a 3.4

beerchug.gif

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 13 2006,09:09)
(StuckInBaghdad @ Nov. 13 2006,09:08) I think I have the lowest rating on here! No idea why.
Cause some people are passive agressive jerk bags... not me though.

I gave you a 5-er. Got you up to a 3.4

beerchug.gif
Hey thanks buddy, right back at ya!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Stand by! Cap is working on a hack. You’ll then be able to see the individual ratings and who gave it to you!
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Keith,I just gave ya a 5...
now watch,the dudes who F'ed you over are now gunna come after me!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back