Gettin the 60'

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
OK guys...i feel like I'm stagnate on the 60' foot times.  I ALWAYS run between a 1.5x and a 1.6X 60.  I just can't seem to bring it down lower.

Am I reaching a plateau where that's about all a lightly modded Busa is capable of without a lot of trick stuff?  

If you 60 faster...what are the tricks to gettin it done?

Whatever you do, don't take Revvv's advice
laugh.gif
blush.gif

Practice, Practice, Practice.. It takes alot of seat time and getting out of your clutch faster without bogging the motor. What gearing are you running? 1.5 aint bad. Whats you tire pressure? What rpm are you leaving at?

Practice, Practice, Practice.. It takes alot of seat time and getting out of your clutch faster without bogging the motor. What gearing are you running? 1.5 aint bad. Whats you tire pressure? What rpm are you leaving at?
To add to that, how much do you weigh? Have you reset your suspension for the drag strip? What mods do you have done thus far? Are you pinning the throttle when you are leaving? There are lots of questions. Many of them you'll have to answer for yourself, but seat time is the key! I run 1.58's on my rear tire. My buddy Lud, runs 1.48-1.51 very consistantly. He has made a million passes though. When he was running a lock up, it would 60' even quicker but he lost consistancy for some reason we never figured out.

Back