Gettin skerd!

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
Coming up here in a few weeks, Feb 13th, LadyHawk and I will be celebrating our 13th year of wedded bliss~ So the other day she tells me... "I know what I want to do for our Anniversary...check your e-mail!" So I do and this is what I find! She wants to put us on a 1933, Biplane!! At first I was like, "Schaweet! That would be awesome!" Although the more I think about it... the more I have to wonder if they offer parachutes for the ride! What if she's paid the pilot extra to fix my seat belt to come apart in the middle of a barrel roll or something?!?! Atleast it's not an open cockpit, but it'll still put a hurtin on my old arse!
AAAssjani.gif

13 has always been a lucky number to me... but now I have to wonder if I'm not pushing that luck~ Thank God it doesn't fall... pun intended... on Friday~  
crazy.gif

My wife and I took a ride in an open cockpit bi-plane a 1940 WACO UPF0-7 down in North Myrtle Beach, they put us up front, side by side and it was so tight the pilot had trouble with his control lines operating properly, but once we got adjusted all was good. It was one of the most exilirateing things I've ever done, just go for it and have fun.
super.gif

beerchug.gif
good luck ! bring your cell phone , if you fall out you will have time to call her before you hit the ground !
SHOCKED.gif

My wife gave me something like that for my 35th birthday. Sky Thrills

DO IT, man. You'll always be glad you did! 5 minutes into the flight, the guy said, "Okay, you're in control now!" and for the next hour, I was a kid in a candy store!

You'll love it, I promise and you know what? Suppose you do die up there. You'll die doing something you LOVED doing and you'll always be glad you did. If you don't do it, though, you'll always wish you had and you'll always regret it.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself! Have fun up there. You'll love it, I can guarantee it!

--Wag--

What an awesome gift. I took private pilot lessons for a while a few years ago. Had about 35 hours in. Then I got married. Ran out of money.
sad.gif
Dang. But flying was absolutely cool....even in an old beater Cessna 172. Id do that biplane thing in a heartbeat. Gimme dat stick!!!!!!!!
super.gif

(dadofthree @ Jan. 19 2007,16:48)
(GSXTacy @ Jan. 19 2007,13:40) If shes not going with you, that could be a bad sign!
smile.gif
+2  
laugh.gif
 congrats  
smileyexhibit.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry about that.. edited my original post to reflect that it is a 'couples ride'~ Can take up to three people for the same fare even~ It should prove to be perty awesome~

I have the biggest fear of heights... talking white knuckle syndrome on top of a 6' ladder here... but love to fly! Haven't been on a small aircraft... such as this.. since I was almost too young to remember~ I'm actually perty stoked about it~ I have been wanting to do this ever since Michelle typed about getting something like this for her husband's b'day a while back~ Even upset Brenda on my b'day last year when I turned down her offer off a ticket for a single rider~ I just think it would be that much better to enjoy together~ So this actually works out great~ It's just all the 13s involved that make me nervous~  
wink.gif

laugh.gif

(Wag @ Jan. 19 2007,18:27) You'll love it, I promise and you know what?  Suppose you do die up there.  You'll die doing something you LOVED doing and you'll always be glad you did.  If you don't do it, though, you'll always wish you had and you'll always regret it.  
super.gif

That's what I needed to hear/read!

If it's our time to exit stage left.. you will able to say that I had an awesome ride right up to my last breath!  
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Thanks for all the 'congrats' too~
Those should really all go to Brenda though~ I'll never understand why she sticks around and spoils the living hell outta me... but I'll never question it either~
firedevil.gif

(GJoker @ Jan. 19 2007,18:04)
(Wag @ Jan. 19 2007,18:27) You'll love it, I promise and you know what? Suppose you do die up there. You'll die doing something you LOVED doing and you'll always be glad you did. If you don't do it, though, you'll always wish you had and you'll always regret it.
super.gif

That's what I needed to hear/read!

If it's our time to exit stage left.. you will able to say that I had an awesome ride right up to my last breath!
biggrin.gif
That's the spirit!

They videotaped mine. If I can figure out how to get it off the VHS and put it on DVD, I'll post some up here.

--Wag--

(GJoker @ Jan. 19 2007,17:54)
(dadofthree @ Jan. 19 2007,16:48)
(GSXTacy @ Jan. 19 2007,13:40) If shes not going with you, that could be a bad sign!
smile.gif
+2
laugh.gif
congrats
smileyexhibit.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry about that.. edited my original post to reflect that it is a 'couples ride'~ Can take up to three people for the same fare even~ It should prove to be perty awesome~

I have the biggest fear of heights... talking white knuckle syndrome on top of a 6' ladder here... but love to fly! Haven't been on a small aircraft... such as this.. since I was almost too young to remember~ I'm actually perty stoked about it~ I have been wanting to do this ever since Michelle typed about getting something like this for her husband's b'day a while back~ Even upset Brenda on my b'day last year when I turned down her offer off a ticket for a single rider~ I just think it would be that much better to enjoy together~ So this actually works out great~ It's just all the 13s involved that make me nervous~
wink.gif
It's totally different from heights. Even if you have a fear of heights, the sensation of being in a small airplane is totally different. That isn't to say it still might not scare you but it IS totally different. Also, if he lets you fly it for a while, the fear will dissipate 'cause you're in control of it.

They will teach you how to control your body during g-force maneuvers. For example, when you do a loop, you'll need to compress your abdomen to prevent the blood from draining out of your head and causing a blackout! VERY cool technique! Just the effort of doing that makes you forget your fears. If you do a negative g-force maneuver, you have to do the opposite in order to keep from puking! Again, the effort of focusing on it makes it a lot easier to avoid the fears you may have.

Seriously, you'll find that your fear of heights is not going to translate here. If you do have a history of motion sickness, eat some fresh ginger (very spicy) 30 minutes before you get on the plane and that should take care of it. If you can't eat the ginger because of how spicy it is, drink a can of ginger ale. Same effect, it just fills your stomach a little more. Schweppes has more ginger and is more effective but Canada Dry tastes better!

I'm jealous. I need to go do another one of these flights!

Go forth and have fun, man!

--Wag--

laugh.gif

I can't wait to do this.. Talk about an adrenilin rush!
super.gif

We'll be sure to take lots of pics.

that looks like a blast
beerchug.gif
go, enjoy, and congrats on finding each other and making it 13 years (with many more to come)

Back