get a 08 bike or turbo my gen 1

Destin07

Registered
Should I buy a new 08 bike or should I turbo my generation 1 bike that is already set up like I want it with all my mods. My bike is paid for the way it sits I owe nothing on it

Yep! buy an 08'...................
+1
ThumbsUp.gif

08s are ugly,wait a couple years and see if they fix the horable rear section, they look like a rolling 2 wheel Winnebago....your gen 1 is a legend

get the 08 or wait for the 09's (when they come out)iv owned 2-gen 1's and currently own a 2008 and the 08 busa is hands down a better bike, not even a comparison i.m.o

Hmmmm.... 180 HP for '08 for $11K or an easy 200-250 HP with a turbo for $4K. Man, that's a really tough choice there. I don't know what to tell you.
rock.gif

first off-my question to you is this: What are your plans for the bike??
that would sway my decision alot- if you go sport-touring, street riding, but see the track only 2-3 times a year?? mebbe '08 would be better; fresh motor/suspension/brakes and more equity in the bike in case of accident.

But if you're a track-rat and plan to race??? Dont take a rocket scientist to know the Turbo is the way to go here.
I think your dec. should be based on what you plan to do with the bike-if you just drive around town, and wana make the bike sound more Badazz, just throw a Brocks or Tsukigi Sidewinder exhaust on there n leave the baffle in your garage
firedevil.gif
lots cheaper than a Snail kit and still makes for a mean bike.

I was going over this same dilemma in my head beginning of this season, but I have stoooopid$$ in my bike, and I ride alot so changing oil/regular maintenance is req. almost every other month and I cant stand the '08 fairings so I'm stickin with what I got
cool.gif

good luck with your decision, hope it makes you happy
beerchug.gif

I have a Gen1 with a RCC stage1 turbo and have plans to ride it all over the place.  Touring, drag strip, cruising or whatever.... this bike is gonna do it.

If you go turbo make sure to get one with an external wastegate! Also, stick with the good kits such as RCC or Velocity.

...or should I turbo my generation 1 bike that is already set up like I want it with all my mods. My bike is paid for the way it sits I owe nothing on it
Sounds like you have already made up your mind from your post...
I would go with turbo even though I love my 08. Don't think you can lose either way!
cool.gif

08s are ugly,wait a couple years and see if they fix the horable rear section, they look like a rolling 2 wheel Winnebago....your gen 1 is a legend
laugh.gif
Someone I spoke with yesterday said the rear end looked like a Volkswagen
laugh.gif

Don't turbos require higher octane gas? Four years ago 119 octane gas was $12 a gallon.

laugh.gif

Back