Gestapo Tactics, Read Quick! (Update, Resolved!)

stnick

Registered
Well, I just found out why my thread regarding tobefast.com taking 9 days to ship following my payment was deleted from this forum.
I looked under "sponsors" and there they are, big as life. So the moral to this story is:
If you're a vendor and you don't want fellow Busa riders posting their honest opinion about your customer service/ product quality, simply pay XXX bucks to the moderators and you are immune to negative feedback.
What a big disappointment bikers can't have dialogue without Big Brother pulling the plug!
If you read this and doubt what I say, watch this Thread disappear!!!!

Nick

What it really boils down to is that tobefast.com has many positive reviews from members here. You have 88 post and you decided to post your misfortune, Mike McCoy the owner of the company wanted to get with you on the phone to work it out and you were "Too busy". I removed your post as a worthless slam against a company that has done it right time after time and when they tried to make it right in your case you didn't have the time to even pick up the phone...

It has nothing to do with Tobefast.com it has everything to do with you wanting to sling mud.

Deal with it....

CAp

Last edited:
So they have "many" positive reviews and mine was negative and you determine my to be without merit? Why don't you take your own advice and deal with it and let the rest of the riders and purchasers form their own opinions.
You need to know that Mike McCoy started out telling me the reason I was not notified of the 9 day delay in shipping was because my email and phone were incorrect in his system. I checked that and found that to be a lie. When I mentioned that to him, he wanted me to phone him during the business day, which I can not easily do due to working environment. I'm in a top Secret facility and can not even take a cell phone in the building.
If you received all emails, you will see where I advised Mike to follow his conscience and make a decision regarding "making things right". How much more time did I need to give to a person that starts out lying and blaming me for his shortcomings?
As it stands, I expect you to roll over.
Nick

Nick,
Yeah, uh, I don't think so. Didn't read your thread, and don't know the story BUT I've been here long enough to know this forum is about as even keeled as one can get.
The owner of Hayabusa.Org (that would be CAp) will bend over backwards further than Gumby, for a member has been honestly wronged.
Sounds like this story has more than one side.
Just my opinion.

Mods get paid the big XXX bucks ? Where? Cuz I havent scene one penny. We help help out here as a family.

You should have let one or more of us know privately and maybe we could have helped before slamming the guy.

So they have "many" positive reviews and mine was negative and you determine my to be without merit? Why don't you take your own advice and deal with it and let the rest of the riders and purchasers form their own opinions.
You need to know that Mike McCoy started out telling me the reason I was not notified of the 9 day delay in shipping was because my email and phone were incorrect in his system. I checked that and found that to be a lie. When I mentioned that to him, he wanted me to phone him during the business day, which I can not easily do due to working environment. I'm in a top Secret facility and can not even take a cell phone in the building.
If you received all emails, you will see where I advised Mike to follow his conscience and make a decision regarding "making things right". How much more time did I need to give to a person that starts out lying and blaming me for his shortcomings?
As it stands, I expect you to roll over.
Nick

Blah, see here is where you go South... You're assuming that Mike was lying, you have no proof.. You have no idea what he sees in his system... We typically don't remove any threads that involve advertisers but I know Mike well enough and you posted he wanted to work with you. The rest of your original post is irrellevant in my opinion. Call me a Censor Nazi if you like but I won't allow anyone to try and sling mud at ANY advertiser.

Completely off the topic but I do find it a little interesting that you can't get phone coverage at your job but you can surf the Internet to check your email address....

Gestapo Tactics is a little strong don't ya think?

Blah, see here is where you go South... You're assuming that Mike was lying, you have no proof.. You have no idea what he sees in his system... We typically don't remove any threads that involve advertisers but I know Mike well enough and you posted he wanted to work with you. The rest of your original post is irrellevant in my opinion. Call me a Censor Nazi if you like but I won't allow anyone to try and sling mud at ANY advertiser.

Completely off the topic but I do find it a little interesting that you can't get phone coverage at your job but you can surf the Internet to check your email address....
Actually, I do know. I'm responsible for the data in his system. Ever try to pay online with incorrect email and phone? His site REQUIRES customers to establish an account including login and password info.

I didn't say I couldn't get coverage. I said I can't take a cell phone into my building. Also, here's a big tip: carefully read the emails I sent Mike (you do have them right ) hopefully you didn't censor me without having all the facts first. Now notice that communication ended Thursday night when Mike did not reply. Then on Friday morning around 7:30 AM he sent me an email wanting to "talk on the phone". I was already at the office and did not see that email until last night. Now ask yourself truthfully, would you want to talk to someone that had treated you that way? Also, I'm not slinging mud as you say, everything i said is true and verified by Mike. He simply goofed on this one and did not take the initiative to make it right. He had my money on the 2nd of November, what did I have to negotiate with? It was up to him to step up and I told him that.

Nick

Im not going to argue with you, you jumped the gun and made an accusation. He tried to make it right and I am not going to allow you to just throw mud around on this forum.. I don't have any emails, the business transaction is between you and he. I am just smart enough to recognize someone that just wants to complain...

i ordered a tire on Sept. 18 and it didn't come in until Oct. 18, the vendor had to backorder it and got it to me as quickly as possible...this is the price we sometimes pay for ordering on the web and saving money...if you want to ensure the product is in your hand at a specified moment, go to a brick and mortar establishment, pick the item up from the shelf, and pay the higher price

Gosh I wish I had the power to do this cause this thread is going nowhere.

Thread Closed.......

Mods get paid the big XXX bucks ? Where? Cuz I havent scene one penny. We help help out here as a family.

You should have let one or more of us know privately and maybe we could have helped before slamming the guy.

I I didn't say " Big" bucks... I said bucks. What I mena is they are contributing monetarily to this site, and since my post was innocently intended to warn other busa owners of my experience, I could only determine I was out "spent" regarding my merchant review being censored. Also, the vendor, Mike McCoy actually inferred he had clout with the admin here in his email I refused to believe it! Unfortunately he must have pics of someone in a compromising position because what I said happened is exactly what happened. No more no less. It was freaking $67 purchase and now look at us. Geeez.
My review has been censored from the membership and that's it.
Now we know who we are, right?
Let's talk about me riding my classic Honda tomorrow because some unknown vendor took Monday the 2nd to Wednesday the 11th to ship my parts. It ain't all that bad. We all love to ride and expect to be treated fairly.

Nick
PS If for some reason, you don't have the email correspondence between McCoy and myslef, AND you really give a hoot, just ask and I'll provide you with the facts.

They build some outstanding machines and come highly recommended by many I am sure they would have worked it out. Excellent way to stand behind your supporters Doug. I was a three or four time site donor as a regular member. This site is outstanding and dropping the hammer on some the internet BS...is long overdue. THANKS :beerchug::beerchug:

I change my mind and don't have anything to say.

Last edited:
Is there any resolution this yet?
I'm confused, I can't see this thread on the forum and "cap" says he censored it, but I keep getting notices that people are replying. What's up?

I know what happened with McCoy and myself and have the emails for anyone that cares to review... personally, after being censored for sharing my experience, I don't feel it wise to discuss anything else in an open forum regarding this issue. Censorship is evil and I'd just like to live and let live! I've met some great people here and would like to continue meeting great folks.
I'm truly sorry if I offended any of the members. Tomorrow is going to be beautiful and our local club will welcome me on my CB1100F.

Smile every chance you get!

Nick

I'm so sorry

I just noticed this thread. I want to take care of Nick as I would any upset customer with us. We try really hard to take care of everyone the best we can and if we do make a human error we want to make up for it. I E-mailed many times to help make this right and even offered to call personally to make up for this when I notied that email explaining was only making the situation worse. I'm so sorry that the product was on back order and our team could not get ahold of you Mr. Nick Nichols. I still want to make this up to you Nick this is why I asked you what would it take to make you happy. Please let me know what time is good for a call with you and we can talk to make this up to you the right way. Here is the E-mails exactly for everyone to read.

Hi Nick,

Do you mind if I call you, so I can make this up to you? What time is good for you today?

Mike McCoy VP

Team McCoy MotorSports

Phone (606) 432-1556

Fax (606) 437-0083

Street Bike Parts`Sportbike Helmets`Yamaha R1`R6 Parts`GSXR Parts`Honda CBR Parts`Street Bike Gear`Clothing`Jackets`Gloves

From: nick@nick-nichols.net [mailto:nick@nick-nichols.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:46 PM
To: Mike
Subject: RE: McCoy Motorsports Shipment Status

Well Mike, I took your advice not to be upset. Unfortunately, I logged into your site to see if maybe I overlooked the notice that my part was not in stock. I feel confident I did not miss that notice since it is not indicating "out of stock" tonight. Actually, now I spent time looking at your site and no where did I see your attempt to inform customers that even though you show the parts on your site, you may actually have to purchase the parts, then receive the parts and then re-ship to me. It just doesn't sit right with me since I am aware of other vendors that do the same thing, however the parts are shipped to me from the in-stock location thereby eliminating 50% of the shipping time.

I also took your comment seriously regarding your failure to contact me due to an incorrect email or phone number in your system. I logged in and both are without error.

In closing, you ask that I don't threaten your company with slander... slander is communication of false statements, nothing I stated was false. As for what it will take to make things right, you let your conscience be your guide on this one. I know I won't be riding my busa with my friends this weekend because of your company.

Nick Nichols

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, November 11, 2009 6:40 pm
To: <nick@nick-nichols.net>
Cc: "Mike" <Mike@tobefast.com>, "Bart" <Bart@tobefast.com>, "Shane"
<Shane@tobefast.com>, "John" <John@tobefast.com>

Hi Nick,

Please try not to be upset with us. Please let me explain. There really is no way possible for us to have every bike and every item in stock from all the manufactures at all times. We try really hard thou. We try to stock the most popular items all the time and the ones that don’t sale very often we order the same day you place the order. We work really hard with our manufactures to get the products as fast as possible. We really enjoy all the members on the hayabusa.org and ride with them any chance we get. We all have bikes here at McCoy Motorsports. Everyone that works here rides just like you and we always try really hard not to make anyone mad at us for any reason. We also offer discounts off our low sale prices as an extra to Hayabusa.Org members thru Captain or links because we care about the forums success and members. We really try hard to let customers know when items go out of stock, but sometimes if we make a mistake on an e-mail address or can’t get a hold of you on the phone number listed we apologize sincerely.

Please allow us to make up for the lateness on your order. Please allow us a chance to better serve you. Remember this is why you received a tracking number so you would know when your items have shipped. Please don’t threaten us with slander of our company name and good reputation. What would help fix this between us?

Sincerely,

Mike McCoy VP

Team McCoy MotorSports

Phone (606) 432-1556

Fax (606) 437-0083

Street Bike Parts`Sportbike Helmets`Yamaha R1`R6 Parts`GSXR Parts`Honda CBR Parts`Street Bike Gear`Clothing`Jackets`Gloves

From: nick@nick-nichols.net [mailto:nick@nick-nichols.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:16 PM
To: Mike

This is unacceptable! I paid you on Monday the 2nd and you mail on Wednesday the 11th! I have a new radiator waiting on this screen. I was looking for this by last Friday. I'll be sure and post this on Hayabusa.org, Suzukihayabusa.org, my local and state forums! Eight business days...

YOU SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Nick Nichols

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: McCoy Motorsports Shipment Status
From: "McCoy Motorsports www.Tobefast.com" <Mike@tobefast.com>
Date: Wed, November 11, 2009 3:04 pm
To: rocky@hiwaay.net

McCoy motorsports has sent you a shipment via UPS
The tracking number is: 1ZA49W820389174671

Back