Gently dropped my baby.....

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
Ok folks....stupid busa trick of the day.

I have never had an accident and that is in 34 years of riding.
Never dropped a bike either...

today I dropped my baby, was on an incline coming out of a parking lot onto a street and went at it a little funny.....anyways lost my balance tippy toeing and the busa went down gently....no pipe damage, no mirror damage, or break lever or throttle damage . Unfortunately the thing that is most expensive (I have a feeling) get a few scratches. Not major, but a little more than minor.

Ego a little bruised too.....I had about 5 guys admiring the bike and then this happens...they were gracious and helped me get it up...I almost had her and was willing to sacrifice my leg for the baby....but reflexes made me move my leg out fast.

Can these be fixed? Or do I have to get a whole new fairing which I am willing to do.

Anyone know what a new right side fairing will cost for 03 busa???

I can make one suggestion<<<<<<
install frame slider.  O'yeah sorry about the fall .  34 yearz without a drop
thumbs-up.gif
Check in the for sale section here or go to www.suzukihayabusa.org or www.kaotic.com You should find something there or get an good ideal of what a used one will cost .

It can be repaired by a good mechanic. My girlfriend knocked my bike over(causing the brake lever to break off, scratched the end of the handlebars, scrathed and dented pipe, and scratched the engine fairing). I probably had more damage to the plastic then you do and its totally fixed. The plastic can be heated allowing to smooth out dents. But you will have to get it repainted and a new hayabusa sticker(they ain't cheap). The labor on painting is the most expensive thing and make sure its an awesome painter/mechanic. You can't tell my bike ever went down.

The plastic can be heated allowing to smooth out dents[/QUOTE]

idea.gif
idea.gif
idea.gif
I'll have to keep this in mind . Good one Charlesbusa.

idea.gif

idea.gif

bummer dood, try allpromotorsports.com if your getting a new one prepainted they are 480.oo from those guys, I dont work for them I bought a nose and a hump and they're the least expensive I could find...

The plastic can be heated allowing to smooth out dents

idea.gif

idea.gif

idea.gif
I'll have to keep this in mind .  Good one Charlesbusa.[/QUOTE]
for sure....hey there cashed out playa(Rythm) you can buy a plastic welding set-up for cheap...do it yerself...yer a talented dood . Actually with some of the same plastic(motorcycle wrecking yard) you can torch some new stuff in for the cracks an' breaks .

idea.gif

idea.gif

Ok folks....stupid busa trick of the day.  

I have never had an accident and that is in 34 years of riding.
Never dropped a bike either...

today I dropped my baby,  was on an incline coming out of a parking lot onto a street and went at it a little funny.....anyways lost my balance tippy toeing and the busa went down gently....no pipe damage, no mirror damage, or break lever or throttle damage .  Unfortunately the thing that is most expensive (I have a feeling) get a few scratches.  Not major, but a little more than minor.  

Ego a little bruised too.....I had about 5 guys admiring the bike and then this happens...they were gracious and helped me get it up...I almost had her and was willing to sacrifice my leg for the baby....but reflexes made me move my leg out fast.

Can these be fixed?  Or do I have to get  a whole new fairing which I am willing to do.

Anyone know what a new right side fairing will cost for 03 busa???
Man Sorry to hear it Babuski...
Now I am thinking about frame sliders...This is just happening way too often...
Damn thats to bad man, Hope it gets worked out well. I am going to go frame slider shopping...

Later

Actually with some of the same plastic(motorcycle wrecking yard) you can torch some new stuff in for the cracks an' breaks .
[/QUOTE]

idea.gif
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think I'd rather reinforce the backing by laminating the backside with fiberglass instead. That is if doesnt deform the plastic when its curing.......I wonder if epoxy resin is capable with this type of plastic
rock.gif
Anybody want to step to the plate on this one

Did it actually crack the fairing??? If it did you can used a plastic repair kit ? I just used one at my shop to repair a Busa Fairing the had been cracked in a wreck. It work awesome! take the Bike to a paint shop in your area they will be able to read the paint for you (that will get it the closest to your paint due to sun fade ect.) They will probably also be able to recommend a descent place to paint it for you also. What ever you do, do not try to melt the plastic. It will break down the form of the fairing and you will not be able to get it back. The plastic repair kit costs between 30and 40 dollars and it goes a long way. You'll have to get both colors, a pint of each will be more than enough. I only use Chrombase.

Thanks gentleman..once again I knew you'd be of help.

Fairing is not cracked...and it still looks great...except for 4 areas with scratches.

I met a 22 year old woman the other day who dropped her Gixxer 1000 twice.....she took it to a guy who is an expert with large stickers and decals and he redid both sides....looks pretty good.

Will see if I can find reputable repairman/mechanic to fix. Otherwise I bite the bullet and buy new one and use this one "for practice" (practicing removal and installation...I understand the trick to it is doing it without scratching the surface and I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore.)

This would never have happened if I got Revlis' color. All black would have been easy to fix.

Will look at frame sliders too.

Interesting....I was looking at this very nice and very expensive Vanson Leathers Jacket at this dealership. Was going to come back and order it (it glows in the dark at night). And then I drop the poor thing while leaving this dealership. Now I have to put the money into fairing work....

You can have the fairing plastic welded and repainted for around $125.00
At least in Houston you can. And I did. He did a great job and I was thoroughly happy that I didn't have to spend the big bucks for a new fairing.

Back