genmar risers

I just bought a used Genmar from my buddy last night but it didn't come with the longer bolts. Does anyone know if a place like Lowes would have them and also how long they need to be? Thanks!

uhm...i found this issue to be very subjective as follows...

When i first got my busa 7 years ago i immediately went for the 1 1/4" genmar riser..of course back then at a vertically challenged 5'8"s my body weight ran anywhere's from 230-250lbs...and the genmar riser worked out beautifully...but as time passed?..i lost weight..down too 200...then 180...and ll of a sudden my busa wasnt comfy no more..lotsa weight on my wrists...why?..my gut had disappeared...the same gut that usta contact the tank and take pressure off my wrists, shoulders and help support my lower back..removed the 1 1/4" genmar riser...bought and mounted cyclecat rearsets and viola..gut back down on tank...pressure on wrists, shoulders and lower back eleviated. :)

I just bought a used Genmar from my buddy last night but it didn't come with the longer bolts. Does anyone know if a place like Lowes would have them and also how long they need to be? Thanks!

I got mine from Home depot. I don't remember the length anymore but I just took one of the stock bolts and added 3/4" to it since my spacers were 3/4" long. I also got the nylock nuts and locktited them, just for extra safety.
Getting the chrome caps off the bolts without messing them up was the toughest part of the job. Use a razor or something real flat to get under them otherwise you'll booger them up.

The GenMar risers are very nice. Made from solid billet aluminum. They will greatly increase your comfort.

For a good bit less money, you can buy the Soupy's risers
Hayabusa Front Lowering Kit, Hayabusa Handlebar Risers, Hayabusa Comfort
These are plastic with aluminum inserts in the important places.

For a LOT less money, like only $20 USD, you can buy just the aluminum tubes and longer bolts, but I don't much like the look and the fact that the upper handlebar " triple tree" is not well supported like it is with either the GenMar or the Soupy's risers.

The ultimate, of course, is the Helibars solution, which looks super clean, moves the bars up and back a little, plus angles the bars to a more comfortable position. More expensive, but very nice.

I have had both the GenMar riser - big improvement over stock bar position - and the helibars which I now have. The helibars are clearly the best, but the GenMar or Soupy's solution is quite good if you want to save some money.

Do you had both at the same time?

The GenMar risers are very nice. Made from solid billet aluminum. They will greatly increase your comfort.

For a good bit less money, you can buy the Soupy's risers
Hayabusa Front Lowering Kit, Hayabusa Handlebar Risers, Hayabusa Comfort
These are plastic with aluminum inserts in the important places.

For a LOT less money, like only $20 USD, you can buy just the aluminum tubes and longer bolts, but I don't much like the look and the fact that the upper handlebar " triple tree" is not well supported like it is with either the GenMar or the Soupy's risers.

The ultimate, of course, is the Helibars solution, which looks super clean, moves the bars up and back a little, plus angles the bars to a more comfortable position. More expensive, but very nice.

I have had both the GenMar riser - big improvement over stock bar position - and the helibars which I now have. The helibars are clearly the best, but the GenMar or Soupy's solution is quite good if you want to save some money.
Hello.

I CANT put the 2 at the same time (GenMar riser + helibars)
I can not turn the whole way without crashing into the corners.
How you do it???
20181225_175154.jpg

Nope, I've had .75" risers and heli-bars on my 08 with stock, and now stock length ss lines. At least 5k or more miles with no issues and enough length, as none of the lines are stretched or in a bind in any position. The master cylinders also just clear the inside of the winsheild.
It's a great improvement over stock too. I've tried them both individually and they work even better together. If you don't like the spacers then get a block like Schsim has posted above.
I'm 5' 10" and flatfoot the bike fine also. I would be alot more comfortable if the bars were just a little closer than they are now too. I can rest my knuckles, fists closed on the handlebars(with risers/heli-bars)and that's a huge improvement in comfirt and position for me personally. So I've decided I'm definately going to switch to the Speigler top clamp and dirtbike style bars(BigE has them and alot of good info about them).
Heli-bars $208, spacers $30, block $100. So roughly $238 to $308.
Speigler, roughly $600 to $700.
That's alot more, but I realize that making the bike fit me personally is what I need to enjoy it. It would cost me more to sell mine and buy a B-King(which I've seriously considered). The Busa is the perfect "does everything well" bike, and it has a huge aftermarket to support it. I've ridden enough bikes over the years to know those bars are what I need, even without trying them yet.
It's all in what you want to spend of course, but I'de deffinately at least do the risers and heli-bars. They will still be a very noticeable improvement even if it turns out they aren't quite as much as you'de have hoped.:beerchug:

View attachment 231023
Hello.
I CANT put the 2 at the same time (GenMar riser/20mm + helibars)
How you guys do it???

20181225_175154.jpg

Because the riser you have is thicker than .75", which is the tallest the spacer can be if you are going to use Heli-bars with it.
Hello.
The riser I have mounted is smaller than there is (0.75 "/ 20mm).what am i doing wrong if there are some guys that cant put the 2 at the same time without no problems !!!

yep, get the cut aluminum tubing with longer bolts. Works great. The small height difference is big time helpful especially to me as an older rider. also check on lowering your pegs 40mm. You can get the kit off ebay for about $40, both make a huge difference.

Hello.
The riser I have mounted is smaller than there is (0.75 "/ 20mm).what am i doing wrong if there are some guys that cant put the 2 at the same time without no problems !!!

I see washers/spacers on the bottom side of the riser plate, and it appears as though that is what is making it too tall.
You can only have .75" between the upper triple clamp and the bottom of the handlebar plate.

Hello.

I CANT put the 2 at the same time (GenMar riser + helibars)
How you do it???
View attachment 1590497
I had to trim the windshield and re-drill the Helibars to change the angle a tad. Totally worth it, IMO. I have a set of 1¼" spacers from the hardware store that I used to test the rise before buying the Genmar. I'd gladly let others test with them.

I started with 1.5" risers and they worked perfectly(stainless steel bar stock drilled and cut in a lathe)
My Dad cut them in half when I added the Heli-bars and that also fit perfectly.
No trimming of the windshield or having to re-drill the switch locating holes for either.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been covered to death
But
Am I to understand l may combine a 3/4 inch Genmar spacer plate AND the small rise Heli bars
Use them Both together
And not have to modify Anything?
I sure hope so
Now to make it worse does anyone know,
Can I do this with the double bubble windshield?
Thanks for the collective patients
Jp

But
Am I to understand l may combine a 3/4 inch Genmar spacer plate AND the small rise Heli bars
Use them Both together
I sure hope so
Jp

I have the 19mm risers, helibars and ZG db screen. All works fine and I love the setup.

But
Use them Both together
I sure hope so
Jp
It worked on my gen2. I have a spacer for sale, if you are interested, is on the classifieds section.

But
Use them Both together
I sure hope so
Jp

Yes and yes

Back