Genmar .75 riser Is it worth doing?

04 Limited Busa

Registered
Is the .75 Genmar riser a waste of time and money or should I go with the 1.5” for $10 more. I have noticed a lot of people use the Genmar .75” riser and Helibars but both of them together are $300.

if your back needs it, its not a waste. Flatlandbusa is a great source of advice on these. I know he has risers.

I had 1.5" risers, then Heli-bars by themselves, then cut the 1.5" risers to .75" and combined with Heli-bars, which was by far the best of the 3.
The Heli-bar itself is at a different angle than stock. The end of the bar sits higher, so the whole bar is closer to level, than angled down like stock.
The Heli-bars and .75" risers fit stock brake and clutch lines, and clear the inner windsheild.
A big improvement over stock.

I just got back from a ride after installing my new Genmar .75” riser I bought from Frank at Powerhouse Cycles. You could tell a difference as soon as I got on it. It really made a big difference once I got on the open road. It is definitely worth doing. If you don’t have one, call Frank and get one.

We sell the 3/4 Genmar risers all the time, by themselves a great mod, I have one on all my Busas, my back is so much better. I can actually sit up cruising down the highway . . .

Do you sell the 3/4 genmar riser that will fit an 18? The Genmar website seems outdated and it looks like they filed for bankruptcy.
Thx

Put the Heli bars on after u put the Genmar riser on. Makes another difference you will like.

I have the Heli Bars. It looks like there is enough slack in the cables and wiring to also go with the 3/4 riser. I am also thinking of braided brake lines that are a little longer.

I choose Helibars first because it also brings the bars back as well as up...

The Genmar does that also and lets the bike look totally stock. We actually started using it because it allowed us to drop the forks 3/4" to lower the front end . . .

The Genmar does that also and lets the bike look totally stock. We actually started using it because it allowed us to drop the forks 3/4" to lower the front end . . .

The Genmar is only a riser, everything moves up .75"
The Heli-bars are different, as the outer end of the bar is higher, not just the inside/mounting point.
The angle of the Heli-bars themselves is different.
There is a noticeable difference between only a riser, or only Heli-bars. The 2 feel very different.
And as said, combined they work great.

Back