GenMar 1 1/4" Riser

My main gripe about the Bus is that it makes my palms ache like crazy after a while. After 50 miles, my hands become numb to the controls.  I'm really considering the riser.
My first thought was "An inch, what's that going to do?" If it really helps, I'll by one.
try rotating the controls forward on the bars first....it might save you some $$$.

then if you decide to get the riser...it's less work than people make it out to be.  
wink.gif

if you use the "adjusters" to fix the cables so they have slack in them before the install....they fall into place afterward.
I am not arguing with anyone elses' reults...but all of our bikes are identical...so it's hard to imagine why one person has to "reroute" and fab-up stuff, and another does not.
I tried to adjust the choke cable when installing and could not get enough slack to keep it from preventing the bars from reaching full right lock. To answer your question though, there is variation from run to run as the machinery wears. So even though the part numbers are the same, the cable on yours may be slightly longer than mine. It wouldn't have taken much to keep me from needing to re-route it.

Nice go'n Dennis
super.gif
! I made my own riser by stacking together a couple of washer equivalent to the height of 1.25" then wrapping them with black electrial tape and purchased longer bolt with the same tensile strenght rating as the stock bolts. I had no problem with my cables in there stock position.
rock.gif

Well thanks for the input. I plan on ordering the genmar today. The handle bar position is the only thing I really dont like about the bike. Everything else is great. Praying for warmer weather. Its one kick ass ride Houston!!!!

Also if your hands are going 'numb' I'd have a Dr. check done. I used to suffer the same problem in my right hand, was 'carpal tunnel syndrome' and a small operation and now i can ride for hours with no ill effect.

Picked up my brand new Busa yestreday, woot
tounge.gif
1st post now I'm an owner and not a wannabe hehe.

Almost AUD$400 locally for a set of Genmar risers here in Perth, around AUD$222 ordered from the USA, guess where i will be shopping.

Cheers

Tim

<!--EDIT|timj
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144157880 -->

Back