GenMar 1 1/4" Riser

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Finally got around to installing the GenMar riser today.  Not too bad except for figuring out how to reroute the "Choke" cable.  I also moved the clutch lever in as close to the triple as I could get it, but it still seems a bit tight with the bars all the way right.

GenMar1.JPG

You can see my routing solution of the "Choke" cable in front of the tank using a couple of cable clamps.

GenMar2.JPG

Good job. I put mine on without re-routing anything. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

The 1-1/4" risers were just right for me. Hope they work as well for you.

Thanks. I tried to do it without rerouting anything, but the fast idle was about 1/2 way on. I tried to adjust it to get some slack, but in the end, rerouting it was the only way to fix it.

with a 1" riser you can just let the cable off the clip and its still tight .1 1/14" must be tight . Do the resevors hit your shield? I know bad spelling.:D

At full lock, the resovars hit the screen. It looks like I can fix that by rotating them forward a little. I'm not sure how the levers will feel if I lower them though. Some experimenting is in order.

try cutting across under the tank and come out between the 2 front mounting bolts... it will give you quite a bit more length.

Took the Busa out for a ride today.  Very happy with the results.  I also rotated the reservoirs a little and they no longer hit the windscreen.

for future reference for others, see this site, it has instalation guide for this product...

http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

scroll down and click on hayabusa on the side colum and then click instructions.

<!--EDIT|Aussie Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120006106 -->

I went from the 3/4 inch reapers to the 1-1/2 inch genmar.....never required any rerouting.
You simply tilt the controls a little bit forward...it's easier on the wrists this way too.
I DID however, cut off the steel wire which groups the cables from the clip-ons.
It is the same one that is attached to the key lock cylinder.

At least you got it done....and you like the results...no?

I ride at least 100 miles/day, every day. Sometimes I do more. My back and wrists feel so much better since I put the riser on. I don't really notice it while I'm riding, but I can tell the difference after the ride.

I also have the thick Genmar's on my 03 Busa had to do the following:
1. Unhook chock cable from engine and reroute .
2. Make new frame tie for clutch cable
3. Remount front brake line
4. Rotate clutch and brake levers.

So, everyone thinks that 1-1/4" makes a lot of difference? My main gripe about the Bus is that it makes my palms ache like crazy after a while. After 50 miles, my hands become numb to the controls. I'm really considering the riser.

My first thought was "An inch, what's that going to do?" If it really helps, I'll by one.

My main gripe about the Bus is that it makes my palms ache like crazy after a while. After 50 miles, my hands become numb to the controls. I'm really considering the riser.
My first thought was "An inch, what's that going to do?" If it really helps, I'll by one.
try rotating the controls forward on the bars first....it might save you some $$$.

then if you decide to get the riser...it's less work than people make it out to be.
wink.gif

if you use the "adjusters" to fix the cables so they have slack in them before the install....they fall into place afterward.
I am not arguing with anyone elses' reults...but all of our bikes are identical...so it's hard to imagine why one person has to "reroute" and fab-up stuff, and another does not.

So, everyone thinks that 1-1/4" makes a lot of difference? My main gripe about the Bus is that it makes my palms ache like crazy after a while. After 50 miles, my hands become numb to the controls.  I'm really considering the riser.

An inch makes a huge difference. Your hands will feel better if you keep your elbows slightly bent and support your upper body with your back and abs instead of your arms and hands. Having the bars up and in a little bit helps with your riding posture. Especially those of us in the 6'+ category.

Back