Generel Questions about some "basic" mods?

Panz

Registered
Hi People

Today i went for the first time in my life to a drag strip and watch top fuel'ers, and busas n stuff ride..

I fell in love with a busa.. I stopped loving everyone and everything else but a Busa.. So i came home and was looking through the internet just to have a look at modded busas.

There are 3 things i interested in. I know more or less how its done but i have some questions anyway:

1. Lowering the front (how much can u lower a Busa in the front?)
2. extended Swingarm (im crazy bout the extreme extended ones, how much is average extension, and how much is KILLER extension?)
3. Wide backwheel (What is the widest you can go, together with an extended swing arm?)

Furthermore, of course im interested in the costs.
Now i found some places where u can get an extended swing arm with at wide tire, that was aroung 5000 dollars.. ???

Is there a common trick to do the extension and wide wheel instead of ripping ur head of, leave it in a box, go out and spend 5000 dollars on a swingarm.. ?

Im new to all this, so PLEASE.. no stupid answers.. :p..

Hi People

Today i went for the first time in my life to a drag strip and watch top fuel'ers, and busas n stuff ride..

I fell in love with a busa.. I stopped loving everyone and everything else but a Busa.. So i came home and was looking through the internet just to have a look at modded busas.

There are 3 things i interested in. I know more or less how its done but i have some questions anyway:

1. Lowering the front (how much can u lower a Busa in the front?)
2. extended Swingarm (im crazy bout the extreme extended ones, how much is average extension, and how much is KILLER extension?)
3. Wide backwheel (What is the widest you can go, together with an extended swing arm?)

Furthermore, of course im interested in the costs.
Now i found some places where u can get an extended swing arm with at wide tire, that was aroung 5000 dollars.. ???

Is there a common trick to do the extension and wide wheel instead of ripping ur head of, leave it in a box, go out and spend 5000 dollars on a swingarm.. ?

Im new to all this, so PLEASE.. no stupid answers.. :p..

Not sure how much you can lower the front and still be able to ride, Mine is lowered 1" and it rides and looks great.

I would say average stretch is 6 to 9" extreme to me is 12" but they go bigger

I think 360 tire is the biggest you can go without have something everyone is going to laugh at because its home made.

$5000.00 is about right for a 300 kit I beleive
240 kit is a cheaper, Look up ( Trac Dynamics: The best in quality for Wheels, custom motorcycle swingarms, 240 tire kits and accessories )

Hope this helped Im sure more will chime in

you will get laughed at if you try to bring a 330 bike to a track, especially with a jack shaft.

Bigrod1300 does it, but hes a big dude, dont think mant folks are pointing and laughin at him:whistle:

Fat tires cost $$$. I got a great deal on mine, still almost $2k, and its a small fat tire, 240 kit form All things Chrome

Thank you..

Im actually not looking to do Race.. not so far.. im more into the customizing :).

First i wanted to do single swingarm, extended with like 330 tire..
But when i started diggin, i found out, for that to happen i should probably win the lottery :).
So i think im gonna settle just with an extended one, like 16" or so.. underbrace. 240 tire :(..

Btw.. when people are talking about dove tailing the swingarm.. what does that mean?

for the front end i was hoping for like 2 inches drop, but it seems that can be a problem still to ride it then?

I know.. i like it extreme hehe.
But ill have to see some different extensions irl before i decide..

Back