generation 2 dyno numbers

That's at the crank brother :bowdown:

Yes sir. That was meant as a reply to the following post. :beerchug:

Each dyno will read differently so, that is important to keep in mind. My friend has the exact bike I have except he has the Akropovic full system 2-1, Bazazz, rest of the bike stock and put down 179whp. On his first run with the default map bazazz came with he put down 171whp.

Our bikes are rated at 197 at the crank and the number seem to be around 168 to 170 to the wheels stock.

I was doing some research on the Brock's Performance site on a different topic and stumbled across this (8th question down):

Q: Does Brock's recommend the use of K&N or BMC aftermarket street or race air filters?

A: Brock’s Performance does not currently recommend or endorse the use of ANY BRAND aftermarket “street” filters. It has been our experience that they do not perform as well as stock and can actually work much worse. The reduced air flow compared to stock; disrupts our known good mapping, decreases fuel mileage, hampers driveability, significantly reduces power levels, fouls plugs, creates excessive soot at the exhaust tip, generates excessive carbon deposits in the intake track etc. When over-oiled we have seen these problems increase dramatically with registered horsepower losses in the vicinity of 10-15+ with greatly increased fuel consumption. You can't go wrong with today’s modern OEM air filters, in regard to engine life and consistent performance.

We have noticed measurable performance gains when using both K&N and BMC aftermarket “race” filters compared to stock, but these filters are for racetrack or low mileage use only since they basically filter out bugs and birds!

Registered Brocks Performance exhaust system owners can read additional test details in our private owner section linked below (see note 18):

Here is the reference: Brock's Performance FAQ

JPunisher

Well well... Guess DO3 will be around shortly to say, "told ya so" lol. I have been using the k&n filter since I was 16. Put one on my first vehicle and there is one on my 1986 Mustang GT now. Guess I just like em.

If I were to guess an average for Gen II's with bolt-on's like you're describing, it would be 175-185whp depending on the tuner/dyno

I had 173rwhp with just a full brocks alienhead. My thread is in the Dyno Kings forum section. I installed NGK Iridium laser cut spark plugs, new EK 150 link chain, K&N airfilter, oil change (synthetic), PCV, and brock's block off plates installed before I had it dyno'd and ended up with 184rwhp.

Next Wednesday (3-26-14) im going to get my 2012 ran on the dyno before and after the installation of the k&n air filter. Then its going to get tuned with the Bazazz and I will show the records. Jeremy out of Rossi performance, Albany GA is going to tune it. From everyone that I have talked to he is one of the best at tuning the busa

I liked using k&n on my of road stuff but what i would do is sell the used one for half price and not clean it and buy a new one. I found that the new one was always oiled about the same and i only went through 2 a year. I have a k&n on the 2011 busa now and i might sell it for half price if ryan schnitz tells me to go with something else. the filter is like new.

Ok heres the mods and numbers on my 2015: E3 spark plugs Sprint filter Pair sucker mod Coremoto wheels wraped airbox ecu reflashed Snichtz short stacks and throtle grips mod Brocks clutch mod and Short CT exhaust

Screenshot_20190808-201113_Gallery.jpg

I got similar setup , just recently had the ECU flash done though , but running short stacks , Sprints top filter , fully insulated airbox , 1/4 turn throttle , 18/47 sprockets , BST wheels , CT Meg Brocks , clutch mod , platinum plugs , PC5 , Quick Shifter , 98 super unleaded . Brocks original supplied map only , ready for a run to see what is what now .
Has been dyno'd when pipe and map first fitted a few years back 2015 , it ran 183bhp and 105ftlb at 35 Celsius , stock gearing , maybe clutch mod only .

Last edited:
I got similar setup , just recently had the ECU flash done though , but running short stacks , Sprints top filter , fully insulated airbox , 1/4 turn throttle , 18/47 sprockets , BST wheels , CT Meg Brocks , clutch mod , platinum plugs , PC5 , Quick Shifter , 98 super unleaded . Brocks original supplied map only , ready for a run to see what is what now .
Has been dyno'd when pipe and map first fitted a few years back 2015 , it ran 183bhp and 105ftlb at 35 Celsius , stock gearing , maybe clutch mod only .View attachment 1603203
When dynoed her i used 93oct thats the one found every where here
Has been dyno'd when pipe and map first fitted a few years back 2015 , it ran 183bhp and 105ftlb at 35 Celsius , stock gearing , maybe clutch mod only .View attachment 1603203
Pump gas premium here in P.R. is 93 oct

When dynoed her i used 93oct thats the one found every where here

Pump gas premium here in P.R. is 93 oct
I even run the car on super 98 over here in OZ , for what I hope is cleanest pump fuel , and go to heavily used fuel location , so again I hope for fast turn around on the fuel replenish cycle .
I will post the next runs the bike gets , with the ECU now done + those new added adjustments , should be slightly better I hope ....

I even run the car on super 98 over here in OZ , for what I hope is cleanest pump fuel , and go to heavily used fuel location , so again I hope for fast turn around on the fuel replenish cycle .
I will post the next runs the bike gets , with the ECU now done + those new added adjustments , should be slightly better I hope .... ok thank you

What happened with the new mods numbers? She got better?

Last edited:
Back