General Questions

techbum

Registered
I own an '03 Busa and I'm looking for someone with stock cans for sale. I have a damaged left muffler and would like to replace it. Also, does anyone use or recommend use of a synthetic oil for the busa? Also, what should one's mileage be before using synth oil?

Welcome to the Board Tech.
I have a set of stock cans that'll cost you two shirts from the Captain (hayabusa.org).
Plus shipping.
Problem is I'm in Canada and don't know how much the shipping will be.
PM if interested.

I HAVE RUN SUZUKI OIL SINCE NEW,LAST OIL CHANGE I SWITCHED TO MOBIL 1 FOUR STROKE FOR A CHANGE
IT SEEMED TO ME THAT THE MOBIL ONE BROKE DOWN AND AFFECTED MY GEAR CHANGE,CLUNKING,SO TO SPEAK.
I CHANGE MY OIL ABOUT EVERY 3K AND HAVE SWITCHED BACK TO SUZUKI OIL,CLUNKING WENT AWAY,?
rock.gif
?
MAYBE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WET CLUTCH???

here goes the debate again ...
Me , I just use semi ...or blended if you prefer .
You know....shakin', but not stirred .
Full synth is or is supposed to B , bad for wet clutches.
The bottom line ___
Buy the best oil you can afford .
Change it as often as you can afford .
OIL IS EVERYTHING .

Had a cruizer a coupa years back....sold it with 95 thousand miles on it.....it's still runnin' . It's good 2 go .

I run Motul....it's 12 bucks a quart . I dump it every other month , regardless of milage . (easier to keep track of) .

Synthetic is supposed to be awesome . There's one (maybe 2) car manufactures sendin' their cages out rite frm the fac with syth in their bellies . Prob is....it's just not supposed to be that good for wet clutches (an' some other stuff) .

Just me.....WHY take a chance ? Did Suzi send it out with synth....no....

There's no 1 cheaper than Suzuki Can or Suzuki US . If they thought it would help them warranty wise....it would be in there .
No major bike manufac. uses it....YET .

When THEY do.......I MIGHT .

Thnx Rubbersidedown....I must agree w/you. Never thought about the wet clutch and the guys at Suzuki not recommending it's use. Also, thanks to all that replied. I think this is a great site for us speed-freaks. I've never owned a Suzuki till I bought the Busa. Its "all that and more".
Keep 'em on the ground.....and rubbersidedown..hehehe

Back