GENERAL MAINTENANCE

Raghav

Registered
Hi everyone.
I am riding a 2016 Busa, have done almost 34000 kms on it.
I havent changed the battery so far neither the coolant nor the chain and sprockets.
1. Battery seems to be running ok, but i am plan a ride soon , i am worried that i hope that it being 3 years old now, doesn't die abruptly for me some day. What is the right time to change? My battery figures last checked in Jan were ok( however in Jan i had an issue, where it dint start but later on the error code C28 flashed post the FI light came on) later on the mechanic said the charging cable had burnt and the secondary throttle valves were left open.

2. When is the right time to change the Coolant and chain and sprockets,i am yet to face any heating issues, how ever i find my bike a little buzzy.

3. Has any one used the EBC brake pads? Are they better than the STOCK ones?

Thanks
Happy riding u all

Hello Raghav, what are the temps like over there, your bio says your from india?
I had the service interval for my 06 someplace it’s prob the same for gen 2 but @Kiwi Rider is our Suzuki insider. He works at a Suzuki dealer so if anyone knows this info of the top of their head it would be him.
@c10 is the Hayabusa.oRg equivalent of Yoda when it comes to maintenance and cleaning so I am sure he will know.
Also @Mr Brown is like a human encyclopedia with a plethora of knowledge.
Me? Well if you need help changing things blue or adding all sorts of lights, I’m your guy!!

Hello Raghav, what are the temps like over there, your bio says your from india?
I had the service interval for my 06 someplace it’s prob the same for gen 2 but @Kiwi Rider is our Suzuki insider. He works at a Suzuki dealer so if anyone knows this info of the top of their head it would be him.
@c10 is the Hayabusa.oRg equivalent of Yoda when it comes to maintenance and cleaning so I am sure he will know.
Also @Mr Brown is like a human encyclopedia with a plethora of knowledge.
Me? Well if you need help changing things blue or adding all sorts of lights, I’m your guy!!

Hi Jeff, temp ryt now is unbearable soring 46-47 degrees Celsius..riding right now is like sitting on the furnace..
Hence i thought ill do some maintenance as servicings due now, thanks for the lead though.

Btw just saw ur info in the bio, u fly? Flying wat... i too am in d same line....flying the MIs..

Coolant change every 12 months . . . .
Chain and sprockets change when they are worn to the point of requiring adjustment, due to stretching.
If you clean and lube yyour chain after EVERY ride, it may last 35-40,000kms. But that is also depending on your riding style.
If you enjoy burn-outs and pulling wheelies . . . it will last a lot less kms.
Service interval is every 6000kms for oil and filter, in the Indian heat I'd do it at 3000kms, and be sure to use a very high quality oil and GENUINE SUZUKI oil filter.
Change the air filter every 24,000kms ( or more often, depending on the roads you are on, dusty dirt roads? sealed roads?)
Replace the fuel filter every 24,000kms also.
If you have any doubts about the battery condition, replace it.
If your charging system is 'burning' the cable as your mechanic said, be sure to take it to a recommended auto electrician for checking and diagnosis.
The electrical systems on the Hayabusa MUST be in good condition or your bike will have serious issues and become unreliable and you may be stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Back