General everyday car problem here!

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have a view of a Bosch Direct injection pump hung on this old 67 250SL I think I'm going to restore
rock.gif
#2 & #6 won't fuel the injector. All others are fine. Sat 4 ever with gas in system. I took the bonnetts out and cleaned but no fix!! 6 cyl gas fuel injected.
bowdown.gif

Hard to find info on the web! Any help would be appreciated.
AOL.com Images Not Available

I've seen this in a Onan diesel pump when it sat for 5 years.Pump looks real similer.In the pic,see the rollers that ride on the cam?More than likely they are stuck in the up position.Even though the spring pressure is very strong,the fuel will varnish and it will cause them to stick.When gas varnishes it is worse than diesel.ATF is a very good cleaner for this.Remove the defected ones,take apart and clean varnish out,soak parts in ATF before install.ATF will burn out,just smoke a little.It worked for me.

(proud dad @ Jul. 15 2007,10:36) I've seen this in a Onan diesel pump when it sat for 5 years.Pump looks real similer.In the pic,see the rollers that ride on the cam?More than likely they are stuck in the up position.Even though the spring pressure is very strong,the fuel will varnish and it will cause them to stick.When gas varnishes it is worse than diesel.ATF is a very good cleaner for this.Remove the defected ones,take apart and clean varnish out,soak parts in ATF before install.ATF will burn out,just smoke a little.It worked for me.
Hey thanks for the info. I took the top fittings out where the lines attach. There i was able to pop the top check valve out! It was varnished and stuck! I thought ok this is it! "Not" I am now getting just a dribble of fuel from #6 but still not popping the injector. The prob is what tool can be used to get the next part out? There is only a very tiny hole in the center with a grooved channel running to a square looking port to the side of center hole It works so well on the other 4 i figure the these two should work as well if i can just get em freed up. Its soaked in carb cleaner for hours and a strong dose of Lucas for a week! All did some good hence where it is now. Why would anyone leave a machine with fuel to do this when a dose of seafoam or Marvel will stop it! maybe why i got such a steal on it. I haven't tried tapping on it, maybe with a wood drift! Bosch has done a great job of keeping this stuff top secret! Try and find an exploded view on anything? Its like getting a pic of the 08 Busa 6 months ago!!!
bowdown.gif

PS if any run into a view of even the Onan diesel i would appreciate it i can't find anything!
beerchug.gif

cool!!!you're in the right direction.Must have alot of varnish in it.Now..If ya can only get it out,that sounds like the hard part.

Try CLR I think that's the name of it.It will break varnish.I used it on cleaning varnish out of fuel tanks.

Bumpin for help! Can't get that sucker out! (The plunger under the top check) Gona pull it and go the hard way if! The boss, I mean the real boss is sayin U got too much crap cluterin the place! Crap!
SHOCKED.gif
all_coholic.gif

hey 05 all that's left is! when ya comin over to fix that thing! Thanks
bowdown.gif
I was hope in i could get the plunger assy that is under the anti drain check valve on the top, under the line fitting out thru the top without pullin the pump. I guess 2 & 6 must have been the 2 that was ready to fire when the guy parked it. so plungers are stuck,
super.gif

Back