General/Daily Cleaning

CorrodedAlien

Registered
:devil:

Question of the day- What do you use as a daily wipe down for your Busa?

I was wondering what other Busa addicts use in the pre-flight wipe down. I use Pledge in the trigger sprayer and a paper towel on the plastic/frame/screen and a slpash of windex on a paper towel for the visor on the helmet.

Honda pro spray polish on the bike. Plexus on faceshield & windscreen. Windex on mirrors & lights. Every other week my wife washes my Busa with Suzuki Spray wash. ( Its S100 )
Every Friday Fresh lube on the chain (Honda Pro Lube).

I get up at 4am each day and Q-Tip the thing until 6am, then go to work

Crystal Glow (it's awesome) on the painted surfaces and Plexus on the plastic

Kent

I use whatever dish liquid is available to wash it.

To shine it I use mothers california gold. If it's just a quick shine before a ride, I give it the Shirk-shine. Wax the nose the tank, and parts of the tail that catch sunlight.

Honda pro. On everthing aside from chain. Bugs fly off of face shield like its cool

Dish washing soap is too harsh and will strip all efforts you have done in waxing. Use a soap like Mother's Car Wash soap.

Here's what I do. In a bucket fill half way with luke warm water. Drop in a dimes worth of the liquid soap.

Take a clean white terry towel and submerge, wring out. Lay it open on the headlight and nose area to loosen the bugs and any other debris that may be collect from the previos ride. (break larger bugs off with finger nail).

Knock off larger debris from towel before submerging back into the warm soapy water. Wring out and apply again if needed.

Wipe dry with another dry, clean, white terry towel.

ALWAYS check towel for pebbles that you may pick up that may scratch the paint.

Follow up with a new coat of wax (Mothers is also my favorite: Best Bang for the Buck!) or just use your favorite polish, Honda Spray Polish, Eagle One 'Wet' (my fav), Plexus or any other easy to use non-streaking wipe ~n~ shines to restore the luster!

Word of caution on the Plexus; apply only on a cool surface and follow up with Meguires or Eagle One 'Wet' to take the streaks out. It is a great product, but it does leave streaks.

For oil on the swing arm, NOTHING BEATS - 'PROTECT ALL'.

Polishes, waxes, cleans and protects your finish. It cost half the price of the Honda shine product.

No hose, in the garage, no mess. Gone in fifteen minutes.

:cool:

My bike has never been cleaned with water. When the bugs are thick, I use Pledge(cheaper) on it first and wipe it down with Plexus. I use WD40 on the wheels. I do this after every ride (50 miles plus).

Question of the day-   What do you use as a daily wipe down for your Busa?

I was wondering what other Busa addicts use in the pre-flight wipe down.  I use Pledge in the trigger sprayer and a paper towel on the plastic/frame/screen and a slpash of windex on a paper towel for the visor on the helmet.

Your Going to get a lot of different responses.  But I will tell you one thing I know for Sure!  Pledge, and Windex with paper towels is going to leave your schweet baby looking like a wore out Crack Ho, in just a year or so.  They are not designed for paint and everytime you use a paper towel you are going to be leaving a little heard of fine scratches in your clearcoat.  I know from experiance, this time I am not just sounding off...

My Bro has a 2000 CBR 600 and the windscreen and the paint both look like hell, he was using terry cloth and paper towels.  The extra money you spend on Plexus and on Honda Pro Shine or S100 is worth every penny in the long run.  

Now to answer your question regarding removal of pre ride dust and stuff.  The "California Car Duster" Works wonders just be sure to let it sit on some news paper or paper towels for a few days.  Also, The hot wet towel on the nose to remove bugs works well.  I also use...hate to admit it...but I use a 99cent feather duster a lot to remove the dust from upper surfaces before I ride... No I am not in the little french maid outfit...usually... :laugh:  

But get thyself to the Cycle shop and pick up some Honda Pro Cleaner/Polish and some Plexus.  Then swing by Bed bath and Beyond and get some 3-M microfiber dust cloths they kick ass.  Roll it over to Sam's Club for the California Car Duster 2-pack. Take it from a guy that owns one of the most difficult colors to clean and polish  Pure black...Looks good, but is a royal pain. The products listed above work really well with a good water soaping and some Mothers Wax about once every couple of months for good measure.

FalconWBra6sml.jpg

All------> Thanks for the replies!

As to the wear on the clear coat w/ the paper towel treatment, I used this for 10ish years on my ST1100 (all plastic) and there was not any crazing in the paint. :devil:

Revlis....you have a tank bra.....this increases coefficient of friction making your midnight falcon a bit slower than "the fastest color"

I have a tank bra too....does cause a problem....faded paint in exposed areas vs. the area under the tank bra? Have you noticed this as well as dirt/dust accumulation under the bra?

What is thing referred to as a DAILY WIPEDOWN? I do not understand. Is this some sort of cleaning ritual? God cleans my busa with pure rain. a few other times out of the year I will actually wipe some Plexus on the bike, usually when people don't believe she is really blue. ;)

Back