General/Daily Cleaning

Revlis....you have a tank bra.....this increases coefficient of friction making your midnight falcon a bit slower than "the fastest color"

I have a tank bra too....does cause a problem....faded paint in exposed areas vs. the area under the tank bra?   Have you noticed this as well as dirt/dust accumulation under the bra?
I haven't noticed any fading, but I make a point of keeping her out of the sun as much as possible. As for little scratches under the edge? They concerned me so I bought some industrial strength velcro tape from Wal-mart in the fabric department and placed a 1/4 inch rim of just the hook side on the tank and then secured the leading edge of the Bra to that to keep it from shifting around. Now I am looking at a second look tank bra with the Kanji maybe. Or a rigid carbon fiber panel. Anything is better than buffing the shine off your ride with the leather jacket or belt buckle.

CorrodedAlien, Well Hell, sounds like you got it all worked out then...More power too you, I am just telling you what I know...you asked...Still would recomend the Micro-Fibre cloths... But whatever... :drool:

Ya, I was eyeballing one yesterday, I would have to get three.

1 - today
2 - in wash
3 - if I forget to wash 1 & 2

Any one try the TV infomercial for the "Miracle Cloth" w/ Star Fiber?

I dunno about the "Miracle Cloth" though the Microfibre cloths I am talking about are about the same thing I think. You can get a pack of Five 3 little browns two big blues at Bed Bath and Beyond for not a lot of money. I bought two packs, and I break them out into usage catagories. A couple for the Plexiglass, a few for the upper surfaces, and a few for the lower surfaces. I do use terry cloth shop towels for the swing arm, wheels brake rotors etc.

Just one thing though, when you wash the microfibre cloths be certain to only wash the cloths alone!!! Otherwise everything in the comes out nice and lint free, because the freakin cloths have pulled every hair, and piece of lint off of everything else, don't use fabric softener and tumble them dry...

I get up at 4am each day and Q-Tip the thing until 6am, then go to work
I don't believe the Q-tip thing Chris.......she was looking kinda dirty yesterday.............maybe try using the Q-tips without the earwax on them. ;)  :tounge:
It has to be expected riding through that dusty road to your garage hehe  :beerchug:  :super:  :super:
Dust.......what dust....are you again?? :bounce:

Plexus is a must on all acrylics.  Simple Green on all grease and oily spots, and Pedro's Bike Lust (for bicycles) works great for a quick shine.  
Hey, anybody know where to get the clear vinyl (I think) tank protectors?  I remember reading about them.  I'm ready to get of rid of the tank bra and get back to the clean look.  Last time I removed my tank bra there was a hundred bugs caught under the front edge.

Pledge OK.Paper towels yikes. www.tankslapper.com on the clear tank shields. I have it on mine I only used the center part. It starts to look kinda dull after a few rides but it clears up when you wash it.
I have never seen paint that shows small scratches so bad. Mine is the fastest color.
I use Meguiars products on all my stuff Cars Trucks Boats Bikes.

No dust here... I have to deal w/ the daily build up of SALT. I'm on the coast and we get a nice residue if anything sits outside for more than an hour. ... and riding in it builds up even faster.

Back