Gen3 Titanium bolts and nuts addiction

Chinese titanium gas cap bolts, the black stainless I've had for the past year are fading. I also tested button head for kicks, but the sockethead match the fairing bolts.

3.3g to 1.8g, 6g savings for $10 total.
Buttonhead were 1.4g cost $3 total.

View attachment 1669906

View attachment 1669907

View attachment 1669908

View attachment 1669909
Do you happend to know wich is the top triple clamp bolt size and thread? Those are heavy i would like to change the 4 of them too

These are for the dog bones. They are a little long but otherwise fit perfectly. Going to cut some of the threads off.

Dog bone titantium.jpg

bolts.png

Id be curious to see what your bike weighs just knowing all the mods you have.
Hi my friends @SS4Luck and @Fernando i buyed one accuteck 440 lbs scale and im in the process of buying two more. I know measuring the bike with just one scale isnt acurate at all but i have some aprox information. In the rear she measured 104 in the front 291 and in the stand 40 aprox 435 lbs im sure its not an exact measurement but we have an idea as soon i get to buy the two others i will write again about the weight.

I was down to 438 before I put the stock wheels back on. Im hoping to make it into the 41X range with the subframe and fiberglass tail section. That would put me in the 46X range when the turbo goes on and that sounds kinda nice lol. I know of at least 10 more lbs I can take out of my bike after that too. I don't think 450lb turbo bike is possible, but I think 455 lb turbo bike definitely is

I was down to 438 before I put the stock wheels back on. Im hoping to make it into the 41X range with the subframe and fiberglass tail section. That would put me in the 46X range when the turbo goes on and that sounds kinda nice lol. I know of at least 10 more lbs I can take out of my bike after that too. I don't think 450lb turbo bike is possible, but I think 455 lb turbo bike definitely is
Ok

I hope i can weigh her right very soon but youre in a nice path with turbo and light she is going to be a rocket

My goal is keep puting some Ti, Aluminum and maeby some Carbon stuff without hurting looks if i get to be in the 42x range or less ill be more than happy

My goal is keep puting some Ti, Aluminum and maeby some Carbon stuff without hurting looks if i get to be in the 42x range or less ill be more than happy
I would bet you are well on your way there. I know I've been playing catch up to you weight wise for a while. Have you removed he abs block and stuff yet? I was amazed that by the time everything was off it was almost 10 lbs once you factored lines and fittings into everything. MotoFix has carbon seat pans for Gen 3s now, and I was looking at grabbing one of those before I decided to go full replacement tail section. a Carbon seat pan and carbon taillight are another like 7 or so lbs off the top. The Gen 3 is finally getting enough attention i think the hardcore guys will be able to be sub 400 lbs here pretty soon

Best way to weigh a motorcycle?
There are 3 ways.

- Find a commercial scale near you that weighs shipping trucks/vehicles. Usually they'll be at large truck stops or shipping centers. Should be $5-10 to roll your bike on the scales. Try to do it with as little fuel in the tank as possible. A gallon of gas weighs about 6 lbs for estimates though.

- Find a local motorcycle race/suspension shop They will usually have a set of scales and charge you a few bucks to roll your bike on them, again with the gas thing (this is the best way)

- get 3 digital bathroom scales. Put one under the front tire, one under the back tire, and one under the kickstand and add the weights together. This is the least accurate but easiest method to pull off. IF you're not hunting weight reduction hard core and just want a close estimate this is the way to go.

I would bet you are well on your way there. I know I've been playing catch up to you weight wise for a while. Have you removed he abs block and stuff yet? I was amazed that by the time everything was off it was almost 10 lbs once you factored lines and fittings into everything. MotoFix has carbon seat pans for Gen 3s now, and I was looking at grabbing one of those before I decided to go full replacement tail section. a Carbon seat pan and carbon taillight are another like 7 or so lbs off the top. The Gen 3 is finally getting enough attention i think the hardcore guys will be able to be sub 400 lbs here pretty soon
No im not planing on removing any of the abs stuff i actually like how she stops!!! I purchased the rear aluminum subframe and the rear galfer disc but none of them hasnt arrived jet.

Back