Gen2 dyno run, Alienhead full system + BMC filter + ecu edit

chrispeck666

Registered
Thought I would put this up to see how you guys think it compares.

Mark at BSD performance in the UK remapped the ECU, removed the limiters, turned off the O2 sensor and turned off the pair valve.

Excellent results from the seat of the pants. Improved throttle response and more linear delivery. No more popping on downshifts either.

busa dyno.jpg

Didn't see the AFR chart, should of asked for it with hind sight. If it makes any difference it had shell V-power fuel in the tank (99 octane).
I seem to remember that fuel in the US is typically a lower octane. Not sure how true this is or how much difference it makes.

BSD use a Dynojet 250i (DIN correction) he's a good guy for me to go to as the bike press I read (Performance Bikes & MCN) use him on their test bikes.

Didn't see the AFR chart, should of asked for it with hind sight. If it makes any difference it had shell V-power fuel in the tank (99 octane).
I seem to remember that fuel in the US is typically a lower octane. Not sure how true this is or how much difference it makes.

BSD use a Dynojet 250i (DIN correction) he's a good guy for me to go to as the bike press I read (Performance Bikes & MCN) use him on their test bikes.

DIN corrections will be slightly higher than what we use here in the States. Probably show like 185-187hp at SAE corrections. Still damn good numbers but dyno numbers do not tell the whole story. Would have been nice to see a baseline before tune numbers to see how and where the gains were.

Unfortunately I have no numbers before the exhaust went on, I agree it would of been a useful comparison.

The plan is to make the bike a little sharper all around. I've set a target of 200bhp and 220kgs.
I should be pretty near the target weight shortly as I have a carbon gsxr tail waiting to go on.

I'm thinking flowed head and cams to make the power i'm after. Any ideas what that should net me on the dyno?

Back