Gen2 20t front sprocket

Wow! How much power does it take to push that gearing?

More than 350 rear wheel, IMO. We did 251 at Loring with 20/34 gear and ran out of real estate real quick, only managed to get to 9500-10K on the tach with just a short mile to slow down. We were putting down
450-460 rear wheel at the time . . . this year, we are going to turn it up. First event is July . . .

More than 350 rear wheel, IMO. We did 251 at Loring with 20/34 gear and ran out of real estate real quick, only managed to get to 9500-10K on the tach with just a short mile to slow down. We were putting down
450-460 rear wheel at the time . . . this year, we are going to turn it up. First event is July . . .

Wow
With that hp and gearing, and not limited to a mile; how fast is possible?
260mph?
Maybe 265-270??

Colorado is a fun event. The downside of Watkins is the braking area is kind of tight for the big boys. Greg Watters (237) and Shane Stubbs (248) both commented there were some "concerns".

Shinko,
what else ?

attachment.php

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I would not ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The "ADVANCE" 005 would be my choice for curving roads.

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I am OK ~ with a good Shinko *

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(:{)-

:popcorn:

attachment.php

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I would not ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The "ADVANCE" 005 would be my choice for curving roads.

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I am OK ~ with a good Shinko *

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(:{)-

:popcorn:

I have a friend who only ran Shinko's on his 06 gsxr1k.
He could/would embariss all the local road course guys through the curves.
Is it the best tire? No
Is there still something to be said for the rider? Maybe a little, lol.

Back