Gen1 racebike modifications

Andersson_M

Registered
Hi folks!
Bought myself a -99 busa for drag racing. Modifying a few Things, like a Newer starter clutch setup, New exhaust, removed the oilcooler etc...
Have a New tail in the making also, but not sure i`ll fit that before the season as i would also need a L shaped gastank.

Anyone here have a template to where i should cut the fairing for the Sidewinder (Vance&Hines) ?

28308272_10155079396506244_840523741_n.jpg

Last edited:
Btw; am i good With upgrading the starter clutch to 03 up? Cost a heck of a lot Money, even for used parts.
Wonder if there are any other options? Dont want a hole in my Block though :mad:

Noticed i posted earlier this Winter within the same topic... (had forgotten about that). Anyway, i`ll update here.
Decided to cut off the lower part of the fairings instead of cutting a hole for the sidewinder. Much easier and faster to Access stuff now. I will make a lightweight bracket to stiffen up the fairings in the lower front (where it usually attach to the plastic around the oilcooler).
Think i will have to lower the bike a litte more also.. just have to make sure about the travel in front, but 1" should not be a problem. 2" would be even better. Plenty of time to do the mods while waiting for the New tail and subframe (and i was Lucky to get my hands on a Nice used lowprofile L shaped tank also!) Woho :D:D

28232820_10155084190636244_1795313237_n.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed your front suspension still has a lot of travel. You may want to strap the front end down to see if it will contact the radiator if you bottom the suspension out while racing. I did the internals on mine so I could still get a lot of drop without sliding the forks up. But, then it also gives you a bunch more when you do so it'll really be slammed. Also, leave the rear up higher. Keeps the bike weight more forward to keep the front end down.

I noticed your front suspension still has a lot of travel. You may want to strap the front end down to see if it will contact the radiator if you bottom the suspension out while racing. I did the internals on mine so I could still get a lot of drop without sliding the forks up. But, then it also gives you a bunch more when you do so it'll really be slammed. Also, leave the rear up higher. Keeps the bike weight more forward to keep the front end down.

Thanks! I will strap it Down to check.

Wonder how this will affect the 1/4 mile times. Previous owner dit a 9.6 @ 1/4mile With it.
He is a big fellow though. He is 286lbs, and im only 187lbs. I have also removed 22lbs of stuff. Thats a 121 lbs weight reduction so far. And i do have a few more Things to do.

Stripped Down and ready to cut the frame for the New subframe, tail and tank..

28512457_10155095689451244_1583284915_n.jpg

28383867_10155095689671244_645234677_n.jpg

Back