Gen1 Ohlins top mount damper pics.

kml

Donating Member
Registered
It is a tight fit at full lock. There is no slack in the fitting though so it was obviously engineered for a close fit.

Took the stock one off and it had about the same resistance as the Ohlins set on minimum.

I never had any head shake with the stock one, so it's more bling than anything else. :whistle:

Props to Charles at Streentrack for his very reasonable pricing, quick shipping and all around excellent service over the last few years.

onlinsdamper005.jpg

onlinsdamper001.jpg

onlinsdamper003.jpg

onlinsdamper004.jpg

cheers
ken

The only complaint that I have about my setup is that the entire thing (mount and all) has to be removed to lift the tank... Other than that, it is awesome!

The only complaint that I have about my setup is that the entire thing (mount and all) has to be removed to lift the tank... Other than that, it is awesome!

Yeah, you are correct, that is a disadvantage.

cheers
ken

Nice choice Ken! I have the same style unit on my 954. Crank that sucker all the way up to 20 and you'll have Popeye forearms just sitting still on the bike and moving the bars left to right. :laugh::laugh: Just don't try to street ride with it on 20.

would it not fit where the stock one goes? i would've thought that would've been an ideal mounting position for it.

would it not fit where the stock one goes? i would've thought that would've been an ideal mounting position for it.

Yes but first....its such a beauty would be hidden and second (and most important)....you could not adjust it on the fly in the OEM location.

Yes but first....its such a beauty would be hidden and second (and most important)....you could not adjust it on the fly in the OEM location.

I think the mounting points are slightly different from gen1 to gen2, and the gen1 requires a custom bracket to fit an Ohlins damper in the stock location.

You are correct raydog, half of the reason I wanted it was it's such a nice showy piece....:whistle::laugh:

cheers
ken

Last edited:

I'd say yes, but not perfect. I bolted up a stock Kawi Ohlins on my busa(in the stock busa location) about a month or so back. It would work fine for riding, but it would not go full lock when turning the bars left(as to lock the bars). looks like the stock Kawi Ohlins is a 63mm stroke, same as the top mount GenI Ohlins. If you want one in the stock location you'd need a 68mm stroke, and some new bolts(stocks wont work).

Back