Gen1 motor stock. Add some beef! direction's?

If you do big bore you have to do head and cams. It would be pointless to do big bore and no headwrpk or cams. So yeah you have to do it otherwise your wasting money

if ure not gonna do any headwork or cams to a big bore..... don't do it at all..... that's where the power is

I will politley disagree most of the power is the bore/cams
I would do 1397 and bigger then OEM cams if I had extra money
headwork would be last on that list

I will politley disagree most of the power is the bore/cams
I would do 1397 and bigger then OEM cams if I had extra money
headwork would be last on that list
ok man..... then carepenter and cnc comp and EVERYONE that does headwork must be wrong.

I don't care how radical the cams.. the stock head can only flow soooooo much.. plus radical cams BEAT THE poop outta the valvetrain.

Thanxs guys I really dont wanna do any machinennnn jus want to plug and play when I break open the case! Best pistons for gen1 and best cams to give me the most for now! I've alrdy done a rebuild about 5yrs ago by myself... as I say just lookin 4 something I can slip in and don't have to worry about nothing

a decent big bore/head and cams done from a reputable place isn't cheap.... and u must understand that 202mphbusa is motorcycle literate... he does all his own stuff.... I caution against doing all ure own work... unless ure 100 percent confident.....carpenter/knecum… these guys make good power...but they don't share secrets for free.....
Lol I can wrench some but the secrets I need man that's so hateful lol if I know gawt damnit you know it.... "now who's the best rider?"

Complete build right? Piston kit and block swap from APE is like ~$900 with intake cam and gaskets/slotted sprockets you are looking at like 1200-1300
bang for buck those are the biggest gains
I've seen them b4 ina check it out again

Lol I can wrench some but the secrets I need man that's so hateful lol if I know gawt damnit you know it.... "now who's the best rider?"

No real secrets in a solid build, top engine builders will measure and document every measurement and have their personal settings for a lot of clearances
For a straight forward Block/piston/cam swap Hardest part is degreeing the cams
go on youtube and watch a SHEIT load of videos on how to do it. If you seem comfortable with it.
FOLLOW THE MANUAL STEP BY STEP for motor removal and disassembly to the cyl removal, reassemble with the new parts after gapping the rings, MAKE SURE YOU ARE CAREFUL sliding the jug down
84mm is a little harder than stock bore because there is less chamfer on the bottom of the jug to help compress the rings

Back