Gen1 motor stock. Add some beef! direction's?

Who hasn't considered going turbo no we cant afford that right now! Just wanted to beef it up a lil 200hp get rid of the new 20k cycles

Who hasn't considered going turbo no we cant afford that right now! Just wanted to beef it up a lil 200hp get rid of the new 20k cycles
a decent big bore/head and cams done from a reputable place isn't cheap.... and u must understand that 202mphbusa is motorcycle literate... he does all his own stuff.... I caution against doing all ure own work... unless ure 100 percent confident.....carpenter/knecum… these guys make good power...but they don't share secrets for free.....

turbo versus NA making similar power, and 200 hp might not get rid of a modded h2... turbo is the way of the future.... a turbo solves all ure problems... and for what its worth... I thought I was done for when I had problems with my HIGHLY modded turbo bike... but in reality I haven't had to break out the credit card yet..... have a discussion with a real turbo builder.... a REAL talk.. u might be surprised..

I'm building a 1397 now. Parts alone is into the $3k range and I've done all the work. While slightly cheaper than a turbo, I won't make the power a Stage 1 turbo will. All motor is expensive as is a turbo.

Complete build right? Piston kit and block swap from APE is like ~$900 with intake cam and gaskets/slotted sprockets you are looking at like 1200-1300
bang for buck those are the biggest gains

Bike was tuned by a local tuner. He goes by hitman. He does a lot of bikes and has done a good amount of turbo bikes. The turbo bike traps 165 166 in 1/4 on 8 psi. Bike made 250 on 8psi with a shinko hook up after 5 hours on the dyno

Complete build right? Piston kit and block swap from APE is like ~$900 with intake cam and gaskets/slotted sprockets you are looking at like 1200-1300
bang for buck those are the biggest gains

Gaskets and swap is around $1047. Head work will run around another $1000. Mine was more expensive but it is a better head. I used Web 395/378 cams with adjustable sprockets, so add another $1000

You can find good deals on used stuff. Just make sure you know what your looking at. Or look for a motor that''s aleady built. I bought my 1397 all built. Some shop built it and couldn't sell the bike so they put stock motor in the bike and sold the motor separate. Take your time and look around

Back