Gen1 hayabusa lowering rear foot rest

The7ofus

Registered
Hi there, can anyone tell me if they have lowered the rear foot rests, How they did it and wheather there is a after market kit available, thanks.

Welcome along first time user....
A Kiwi too I see, introduce yourself :thumbsup:
The rear peg hangers also support the exhaust mufflers, so I can’t see how the pegs can be lowered.... but someone may come up with a brilliant idea!

Welcome along first time user....
A Kiwi too I see, introduce yourself :thumbsup:
The rear peg hangers also support the exhaust mufflers, so I can’t see how the pegs can be lowered.... but someone may come up with a brilliant idea!

I wonder if the aftermarket 1 inch lowered pegs would fit...Amazon has many different inexpensive varieties...

My other half has been on my case for a year or so to find a way to lower them a little bit..
It's on my "to do" list... One day

I put these on the rear of mine only I used then ther opposite way to help the wife feel more secure with her short legs, they can be lowered but i haven't tried that. Just pay attention that they are in the right angle so they don't hit the bracket. These ones are definitely wider then I would have liked but they do offer with different style pegs fir the brackets.

View attachment 1604734

I put these on the rear of mine only I used then ther opposite way to help the wife feel more secure with her short legs, they can be lowered but i haven't tried that. Just pay attention that they are in the right angle so they don't hit the bracket. These ones are definitely wider then I would have liked but they do offer with different style pegs fir the brackets.
Great idea for these...nice and wide too for passenger comfort.

I personally am going the other way and finding a way to remove my passenger mounts and build a hanger for my exhaust.

Great idea for these...nice and wide too for passenger comfort.

I personally am going the other way and finding a way to remove my passenger mounts and build a hanger for my exhaust.
I don't really mind the look of them but definitely are wider then I would have liked looks wise but she says they do help her feel more secure on the bike and that's thr important thing.

Last edited:
Have any off you busaholicks take the kids out to ride , look at this page

Back