Gen1 Hayabusa Air Box Mod

Mike Rawlinson

Registered
Hi there, i'm new to the group but been watching about simple modifications you can do, i seen the small airbox mod and followed the feed step by step as shown in the thread and upon putting airbox back on and plugging everything in i now have the error code c13 and c21 popping up which is the sensors on the airbox. Has anybody else had this problem as these codes wasn't here before doing the mod. Thanks in advance

First disconnect the battery before working on any wiring. Check to make sure no wires were pulled loose from the connectors. Time and time again I see people pull the wire rather than the connector when pulling them apart. Check and re-seat as necessary. On the IAP some people forget to pull it off the airbox when working with it. So then the vacuum stem gets damaged or blocked by it's own plastic smashing itself from whatever surface you are working on.

For now disconnect the battery for awhile. Recheck the connections and any wires that may have come loose from the connectors.

Hi, disconnected the battery and error codes still here. I think i'm going to change both sensors on the airbox and go from there. Thanks

Awesome! Don't you just hate pissin in your own mess kit? That's one key feature of this forum. (School master voice) Do nothing without conferring with the .Org first!

Would have saved $ and down time.

I'd done all the research into the mod and thought that's easy enough to do but when it goes wrong thats when you wish you'd hadn't bothered, luckily here in the uk the fix was only £10 for a used part, the dealership reckons the IAP sensor brand new is £268 + vat on top. Didn't want to spend all that if that wasn't the issue. Hopefully this used one will last. Thanks .org

But you didn't ask questions....there's always life lessons that don't enter into the conversation. Either way, I'm stoked you got it fixed. Good job!

Glad you have it sorted out,, but is the sensor with green plug seated and clipped in, the code might come back.
That is the Air sensor, and the only thing it needs is to be plugged in, if not the codes come up

I went to see if mine had the airbox mod done first thing i noticed was the crankcase breather blocked off by a bolt and opened the top of the box and found it wasnt done so done the mod no errors and smooths the whole ride out cant understand why it wasnt done before and then plugged in a TRE and seems to have tamed the bike still flies but not as savage of the mark any ideas ?

Back