Gen1 Brembo upgrade - THANKS GIXERHP

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
John did the conversion from stock master cylinders to Brembo for the brake and clutch. The difference is amazing and I would say my gen1 now stops like any modern liter bike (non-abs)! :bowdown: I knew the brake would make a big difference but I was REALLY surprised by the clutch. We were riding in stop and go traffic and I had no fatigue like I would get with the stock setup. I should have done this mod years ago and will post up pictures tomorrow.

That is awesome! I want to do the clutch on Bessie as well!

I know it's a little late, but here are the pics...

Both_zpsqgnvkygc.jpg

Clutch%202_zpsy42lzlxh.jpg

Brake%202_zpsrqpnqqie.jpg

Nice. That is the one thing Ive found very lacking when in comparison to my 1000RR, the brakes on the Busa are not ideal. Defiantly on my do list

Great master cylinder, I have been thinking of swapping mine out as well since the stock master is way too strong for my dual rim rotors.

BB

I know it's a little late, but here are the pics...

Both_zpsqgnvkygc.jpg

Clutch%202_zpsy42lzlxh.jpg

Brake%202_zpsrqpnqqie.jpg

Nice reservoir cups,, they look like my old ones! Ha they are, Dan im glad your happy with the costly upgrade.
Just think, another $220 these could have been there also! LOL

It is well better than just brake lines, once you have had the Brembo master cylinders, the oem just wont cut it anymore!
Better brake feal, no fading, hands down this should be on the top of Busa mods!

IMG_0899 (Small).JPG

IMG_0900 (Small).JPG

IMG_0901 (Small).JPG

IMG_1060 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1061 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1062 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1063 (Medium).JPG

Nice reservoir cups,, they look like my old ones! Ha they are, Dan im glad your happy with the costly upgrade.
Just think, another $220 these could have been there also! LOL

It is well better than just brake lines, once you have had the Brembo master cylinders, the oem just wont cut it anymore!
Better brake feal, no fading, hands down this should be on the top of Busa mods!

That's next year's upgrade. :laugh:

Thanks again for all the work you did on this. It not only looks great, but the difference is significant. :bowdown:

Back