Gen1 Brembo Brake Conversion

Bubba Zanetti

Registered
Hey guys,

I have a set of caliper adapters on the way for my 06 Bus and I've started shopping for calipers to suit, 100mm centre Brembos. As it turns out a pair of calipers from a BMW S1000rr can be got for about $250 plus shipping where the Ducati/MV Augusta specific calipers are almost twice that cost.

Is it worth taking a punt on the BMW calipers or are they likely to have some mad offset? I know I will need to use 5MM spacers in light of the larger discs on the Busa.

Anyone got first hand experience with this

The ones with the red lettering are the MV fitting, bottom ones are BMW

Thanks!

$(KGrHqFHJDMFCfle+CcCBQsjIsKRCQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!p4F!YGqLT+7BQZwE5hsy!~~60_12.JPG

So I went with the MV ones, just got them test fitted briefly to see if I needed anything else. I just need to nip a couple of mm's off the caliper bolts or get ones that are 60mm in length not 65mm. No spacers required to between the brackets and calipers either.

Roll on the good weather :thumbsup:

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_11850.jpg

Well got them plumbed in and had a quick run in the wet and about 3 degrees (35 or so in your language :laugh: )

I had to get a new set of lines for it as the other loop over setup proved a little awkward given the fittings at hand. Brembo have a tighter pitch on their thread and the banjo's are longer..... any excuse for new lines

The shop that I use had a "spare" set of Brembo Suzuki disc's too, YES please!!

More bite but no 1 finger stoppies yet, master cylinder next on the wish list.......is there ever an end

IMG_1203_zps76835a62.jpg

There is never a end to it!
All ways something else!

Where did you get those adapter brackets.

You can purchase brembo adapter brackets several places online. Ebay, yoyodyne, and Agras. If you do the mod it is best to do it all the way to achieve full potential out of your breaking capabilities. Brembo calipers, Brembo MC, SS lines, and a good set of pads

Back