Gen one exhaust

Sparky405

Registered
I'm looking for gen one exhaust I want 4 into one looking to get rid of the two pipes . I dont want something obnoxiously loud just looking to upgrade I currently have yoshimura slipnons . Just want to know what the options are

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Ahhh..the age old question...whats a TRE. Kiddin'. Ive had them all. If u are not chasing HP it really doesnt matter. They are all lighter,bonus there,most look better,bonus there. Just pick what you like. Some will say this and that,3 HP more or 2 pounds lighter.Blah blah blah. If I did it all over again...first thing I would have asked about is FITMENT. It can be a hassle. All around I may have liked the Hindle the best,cause its Canadian. :thumbsup:
I'll do my best to find you some pics. Sorry,have only 1 or 2 sound bites.
Rubb.

Berlin Germany

Registered
yes rubber,

how 100% right you are - exhaust changes are initially a matter of personal taste / liking and only after this comes the technology, that is a possible, accompanying performance increase.

this "looking nice" I ! allways describe by a little pictorally history :
question :
"what says the monkey when he bites off a big bite of the piece of soap?"
monkey´s answer :
"simply a matter of my quite personal taste !"

my "doctor´s thesis" (lol) to that theme (here is one again)

two possibilities
a. you just look at the beauty - try what ever you want
b. you want less total weight and if possible increase the performance a little
a. or b. - no matter what ever it may cost (1st lots of money and 2nd perhaps a lot of time at test bench)

4-1 is a must have?
then I only know one that doesn't rob motor power - the akrapovic like the one on the foto of my ´00 gen1.
2018-05-19%20so%20kam%20sie.jpg

akra´s diagrams talking something of a plus of up to 10 hp´s without any necessary changes at the bike.

my info is:
akrapovic still sells a similar 4-1 one for the gen2 but this one then is only available without catalysator / lambda connector.
but 1st :
- i think! this one should fit to a gen1 which have "nearly" no restrictions of CO (in germany up to 4.5% is still street legal)
note: I never tested if the assembly is really as easy as I think!

but 2nd :
- the gen2´s street legal maximum in germany CO is 0.3% and this is unreachable with that 4-1 - please remember it has no cat. / no lambda

We in germany need a technical inspection every 2 years for all our vehicles.
if you do not pass this examination, eg. due to wrong, too high co-values, you do not get permission for the next 2 years and the vehicle is off the road. not funny and no joke!

how is this at your home state?

at last all others only look nice (depending on the personal opinion)

this "Shark conic" (from bandit 1200) at my former busa i thought as very nice (because really unique)
P1010838.jpg

but it robbed at last 40 HP (with db-eater in) at over 7000 rpm - provable by a test bench diagram!
then we took out the db-eater and we got back some 35 hp´s, but with resulting arround 110 dezibels.

info : one fault all the 4-1 might have - the last collector leading to the muffler eventually "burns" a bit your RH side panel´s paint to brown.

last but not least - if you only want to increase acceleration (to start race at traffic light) put 2 or 3 (or much more) teeth onto the rear sprocket. the cheapest way.

but then allways try to keep your "horse"´s front down to road - lool -

or you extend the rear swing arm ;)
but :confused: by costs 4 that

Sparky405

Registered
Aw man lots of factors i thought it was just a easy swap . So bike needs to be tuned after changing exhaust system?

SSGT_B

Registered
Just slip ons I wouldn’t bother to tune. Full exhaust , pair, air filter then I would tune. That said, I have all the above and have just not had the money to get it done but I know my bike would benefit in both power and mileage and use ability if I did.

Berlin Germany

Registered
Aw man lots of factors i thought it was just a easy swap . So bike needs to be tuned after changing exhaust system?
yes and no ;-)

yes :

look what ssgt wrote - he´s right.
doing a lot of changes use a test bench - this is very suitable / benefitting for the life (and power) of the engine

no 1 :
the only exception is the simple change to a permanent air filter - like K&N, etc. - if no other changes are done!
then the test bench can be omitted (if this change is the only one)

no 2 :
if you don´t look for power at its best forget the test bench and take what ever you want. that´s the easy swap ;-)

little hint :
if backfire occur with a 4-1
while quickly lowering the rpms
only at a Gen I ! (not at Gen II !)
close the short connection tube on the right side of the air box and also the up coming hose.
this disables the "2nd air" system and backfire should be history.
the "2nd air" system itself you can leave where it is.
MY experiances with my "Shark Conic´s" at my black one. ;-)

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
No tune required for bolt ons. If sound and loud is what your looking for search for dan motos or D and D. Avoid the voodoo garbage.

Sparky405

Registered
No tune required for bolt ons. If sound and loud is what your looking for search for dan motos or D and D. Avoid the voodoo garbage.
@VIPER just wondering what the main difference is between voo doo and dan motos exhaust I'm not finding a full exhaust set by dan motos . I'm wanting to get rid of the dual mufflers and switch to a single

Berlin Germany

Registered
(..) I'm wanting to get rid of the dual mufflers and switch to a single
try this one (built for gen2)

S-S13R2-RC_1_1.png

but it should fit to gen1

all dimensions / measurements of the two motor are - i guess - 99.5% similar

have a look at your homeland market to find this gen2 (race) exhaust.

Distributor
DBA UPSHIFT distribution

4020 South 26th St., Philadelphia, PA 19112
Tel: (866) 501-0510
E-mail:dealer@upshift-d.com
Web:UPSHIFT Distribution LLC

Wholesaler
LEMANS CORPORATION

3501 Kennedy Road, PO Box 5222, 53545 JANESVILLE, WISCONSIN
Tel: 608/758-1111
E-mail:orders@parts-unltd.com
Web:Parts Unlimited® | We support the sport ®

Mr Brown

Registered
@VIPER just wondering what the main difference is between voo doo and dan motos exhaust I'm not finding a full exhaust set by dan motos . I'm wanting to get rid of the dual mufflers and switch to a single
If you want to go 4-1 you'll need to either fan up a mod to the stock header @Nastee has done this I believe, or find a 4-1 pipe.
Voodoo have a reputation for building junk, not sure if they've improved their products, I wouldn't spend the money to find out.
If performance isn't a goal, look in the classifieds here, there are usually a few exhausts for sale pretty cheap. The akro recommended above is very expensive and not what you're looking for at all, unless your power requirements have changed, and even then there are more affordable options.

Mr Brown

Registered
try this one (built for gen2)

View attachment 1611496
but it should fit to gen1

all dimensions / measurements of the two motor are - i guess - 99.5% similar

have a look at your homeland market to find this gen2 (race) exhaust.

Distributor
DBA UPSHIFT distribution

4020 South 26th St., Philadelphia, PA 19112
Tel: (866) 501-0510
E-mail:dealer@upshift-d.com
Web:UPSHIFT Distribution LLC

Wholesaler
LEMANS CORPORATION

3501 Kennedy Road, PO Box 5222, 53545 JANESVILLE, WISCONSIN
Tel: 608/758-1111
E-mail:orders@parts-unltd.com
Web:Parts Unlimited® | We support the sport ®
Please don't post links to non-sponsors. We have a great group of people who actively sponsor our board, and can get just about any products for us. We should support them since they help keep the lights on.

Nastee

Registered
I'm looking for gen one exhaust I want 4 into one looking to get rid of the two pipes . I dont want something obnoxiously loud just looking to upgrade I currently have yoshimura slipnons . Just want to know what the options are
Are you looking to keep one of the Yoshimura's which can be done with changing out the header for a modified one. You can also replace entire system to get what you are looking for but gets expensive. Yosh's sound pretty nice I have a header on the shelf if looking to save $, drop weight, louder sound while cleaning up left side of bike.

Sparky405

Registered
Are you looking to keep one of the Yoshimura's which can be done with changing out the header for a modified one. You can also replace entire system to get what you are looking for but gets expensive. Yosh's sound pretty nice I have a header on the shelf if looking to save $, drop weight, louder sound while cleaning up left side of bike.
@Nastee I'm wondering if you still have that header?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I've never seen two pieces just I dont see how its supported .
Same as most of them. At the head and at the can hanger,thats it.
You can also ask me about Akra,Yoshi,HMF,Vance & Hines,etc etc.
40+ years of looking for that right look and sound on many brands of bikes....
20+ years of Busa exhaust on 5 different Busa's. I will tell you the #1 thing I would look at when choosing a system (most slip-ons,it no matter mostly) is FITMENT. They all have a sound. A different look. All weigh about the same,give or take.Blah blah blah.
Do they bolt up hassle free? Do you have to start cutting and bending shi7? Do they come to close to hoses,the rad,oil pan,etc.Do they even come close to the stock hanger spot.
Rubb.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Having issues finding full exhaust for gen 1. Motor and Exhaust 13
rubbersidedown WTB your used stock Gen I exhaust cans Wanted 1
9 Gen 2 full exhaust for sale Parts and Modifications 5
E GEN 1 Dual Exhaust - For Sale - New Two Brothers M2 Black Series Bolt On Busa 99 - 07 Motor and Exhaust 2
WolfPack12 Gen 2 Bazzaz Map? Stock Bike w/ Brocks Alien Head exhaust Gen II Busa Information 36
captain Gen 3 exhaust? General Bike Related Topics 11
Piers1971 Best exhaust for gen 2 Engine and Performance mods 46
T do you have to get a power commander when you add a full exhaust to a gen 2? Gen II Busa Information 10
T Gen 1 exhaust anatomy Busa Mods 11
M Gen 2 exhaust cam in gen 1 ? Engine and Performance mods 3
S True Dual Exhaust For Gen 1? Engine and Performance mods 7
P Exhaust For Gen 2 Busa Gen II Busa Information 11
phill0114 What's The Best Exhaust For The Gen 2? General Bike Related Topics 12
Bigdawg76 M4 Gp Full Exhaust For Gen 2 Busa Gen II Busa Information 22
Bobby B Yoshimura R-55 Race Exhaust Gen 2 Engine and Performance mods 16
0 Gen 2 exhaust cans on gen 1......fits Busa Mods 3
mike04busa gen 1 exhaust. gen 2 bike Gen II Busa Information 7
N High mount exhaust on gen 1 busa help!! General Bike Related Topics 3
T Anybody With a Gen II and Yoshimura R77 Slip-Ons or Full Exhaust?? So-Cal Gatherings 6
Redboost Gen 2 and Gen 1 Exhaust Questions General Bike Related Topics 5
BusaBaker Need help with exhaust - Two Bros Flange Slip On - Gen 1 General Bike Related Topics 4
08phantombusa Gen 2 full stock exhaust and stock levers Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 5
P Opinions on Brocks Quietcore Ct exhaust Gen 2 Engine and Performance mods 1
M Ti Force 4-2-1-2 exhaust pieces needed Gen II Engine and Performance mods 2
V Gen II exhaust cans in Gen I Help Busa Mods 3
09busa2fast Has anyone done a Gen II Stock Exhaust Mod drilling out baffle? Busa Mods 12
MOCKIN U Stock exhaust modded gen 1 Busa Mods 1
dewie Gen 1 and Gen 2 exhaust swap General Bike Related Topics 3
J Voodoo 4-2-1 full exhaust gen 2 help Gen II Busa Information 2
F Gen 1 GPR Exhaust Engine and Performance mods 0
bigjack7679 Brocks sale on GEN 4 exhaust for Hayabusa 40% off General Bike Related Topics 1
L GEN I One off SS exhaust!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! Engine and Performance mods 6
B gen 1 exhaust hanger bracket.. Busa Mods 2
R Full exhaust system on a Gen II Gen II Busa Information 3
Mouth If you need them - Gen 2 parts & 2008 1K stock exhaust Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 4
C 2nd Gen. Hayabusa with Brock's exhaust short meg, Picture request :) General Bike Related Topics 11
Hayabusa133 Which Gen 1 Sidewinder Exhaust??? Busa Mods 7
M Do the Danmoto exhaust fit a Gen 2 Gen II Busa Information 9
D Gen II exhaust question Engine and Performance mods 2
J Autozone Gen 2 Exhaust Mod General Bike Related Topics 6
cajmex11 modifying factory exhaust on Gen II Busa Mods 1
Dehning Gen II exhaust on gen I, am I imagining more power ? General Bike Related Topics 29
S TSukigi exhaust for Gen 1? Engine and Performance mods 32
bigreef Dual or Single full Ti-force exhaust for Gen II General Bike Related Topics 20
H Gen 1 to Gen 2 Exhaust Gen II Busa Information 7
Test_Eng Gen II Exhaust Madness Gen II Busa Information 40
MrMoo Wanted: Stock Gen II exhaust Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 6
meductic High mount exhaust for Gen I General Bike Related Topics 28
moloko Stock Gen 1 '99 full exhaust Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 0
R Ti Force exhaust system on a Gen 2 Gen II Busa Information 29