gen III ?

xXBusaKingXx

Registered
now that the bmw is the new king of seed does anyone think that they will make the hayabusa even faster ? i hope so we had the title for more than a decade right let take it back

I think the power wars are over. Anything above the S1000RR power to weight ratio, will attract regulatory attention and spoil the fun. I believe the only safe option for manufacturers will be something under 200 hp with a "Racetrack legal only" pipe and ECU map that pushes power higher. Not sure if the big boys will have the courage to do this.

Its not about factory speed, its about improvements for after-market potential. The 2008 did not need 8 fuel injectors, but it made it possible to do so much more with the factory setup. if you look at the ECU tuner difference between 2007 and 2008, you will see that improvements were made not just for the street, but for the race and potential use.

BMW and a couple other bike makers don't follow the Japanese self imposed agreement of 2001, not to make a bike faster than 300kph/186mph. Of course the bikes must be restricted to do so. The Hayabusa raised the bar in 1999, and changed alot about motorcycle design for the good. Technology is ever advancing and liter bikes are becoming lighter and more powerful. Manufacturer's point of veiw is that winning races sells bikes, so these bikes will continue to improve rapidly.
The Hayabusa is not even considered a sport bike, it's sport touring, and aimed at a different audience. The Busa has a huge aftermarket, and with that, it's still hard to beat as a top speed/land speed bike.
With the slow economy, Suzuki not sending 2010's to the U.S(a couple went to Hawaii)and a 9 year wait on the gen2, don't look for a gen3 anytime soon. There's always room for improvement, but the gen2 is a great bike and a step up from the gen1. The factory speed war was over a long time ago, and if it came back it would probably do motorcycling more harm than good...and yes, I love to go fast:laugh:

I agree, but then who really needed to go 194 MPH back in 99?

Its not the 194 that counts. I want to do 0 to 194 in about 6 seconds flat with no tire spin and a stable chassis on a 60 inch wheel base with no wheelie..unless i want it to wheelie and then I only want it to go to about 10 o'clock and then traction control take over to hold it there without a loop until I get ready to set it down. oh yeh, I need crash avoidance technology as well.

Call when that bike hits the show room floor. Until then we will have to make sacrifices between power, comfort, and handling.

Back