GEN III for 2012 ?

Getting tired of that dry clutch sound? One of my friends has 748 and that dry clutch has a distinct sound.

The Duc I owned was one of the few that had a wet clutch, so to make sure that other riders at stop lights knew it was a genuine Ducati I simply carried a can full of nuts and bolts in my pocket and shook it vigorously as soon as I came to a stop!

a 1800cc!! haha thats a 1.8 liter bike thats like a honda engine out of a car. haha that would be insanity!! Id have to buy one though...:laugh:

more electronic controls will come.... it is inevitable.. the ABC mode was just a start..... a major redesign not likely for a few years...

I'd buy a Gen 3, but my wife would likely shoot me. That or I'd have to sell my current Gen 2. I am already planning for a second bike next spring.

what do you think about it ???

- traction control
- curb mass 220 kg ( 485 lbs max )
- new look
- more torque
- real brakes...

thanks a lot in advance
corporatesymbol.jpg
japan :please:

only then, I could plan to sell my ducati 1098 :cookoo:

Ducatti 1098 superior machine :thumbsup: But I would probably eat a bullet after spending 5 or 8 hrs a day on a bike making that noise. I couldn't do it :laugh:

Still on the Gen 1 no desire for 2 and doubt they will do much of anything to a 3 if it ever comes :whistle:

Me too! I have a gen1 and a gen2.... i much perfer my gen1!

Now, you KNOW you can't come up with a statement like that on a gen II forum without being asked for explanation.

So why do you prefer the older bike? And, as you do prefer it, why the heck buy the newer if you still have the older?

I don't think there will be another Hayabusa. They will change the colors, maybe throw on ABS out of the parts bin in a few years. I think Suzuki will have to put their money on the GXR1000. Maybe even a GSV1000 V4. The performance bike of the next decade will be the liter class sportbike.

That's not all bad. Your current Busa will be cool for at least another 10 years:whistle:

The only thing i could see them maybe doing, is a slight cosmetic change, tuning to pass stricter emissions and change to Brembo brakes like they did with the new GSXR1000.

Why change something that aint broke.:thumbsup:

Brembo brakes would be really good, had them on my previous ZX14 and I reckon (imho) that they are better than the Tokico that come on the Busa.

I can see ABS and traction control on the horizon as these seem to be the flavour for all the new models coming out now. But weight down to 220kg kerb - I just can't see that happening.

I think we may see a new GSXR 1000, but the Busa will just change colors.
As far as Kawasaki, "wimptronics" are not for me.

Back