Gen II Rear Preload Adjuster?

Simonp

Registered
Would love a remote preload adjuster, bike is set up just fine for me and the wife, but when I ride alone it feels too bouncy at the back. Thumbnail type preload adjuster would be perfect but don't want to drop Ohlins type money. Mainly used for two up trips plus spirited solo road riding. What options are out there? Anyone tried a Nitron shock?

Preload has little if any effect on spring tension/bounce. Preload compresses the free length of the spring, has little effect on the loaded spring.

Hydraulic preload adjustment on the shock is handy when switching between solo and two up riding.

Think of preload more as a ride height adjustment.

A good revalve on the Oem shock would help a bit!

Had my stock shock and forks re-valved and re-sprung at GP Tech Suspension.
It wasn't exactly cheap but the price was still less than doing a aftermarket shock only.
I could tell the difference as soon as I rode the bike around the lawn.

Had my stock shock and forks re-valved and re-sprung at GP Tech Suspension.
It wasn't exactly cheap but the price was still less than doing a aftermarket shock only.
I could tell the difference as soon as I rode the bike around the lawn.

I'm a big guy and I own a Gen2 busa. About how much are we talking about for the re valve? This is something I would really consider.

I paid about $900.00. For that they rebuilt the front forks and shock with different valving and springs for my weight and riding style.
Along with all the seals and new parts etc. GP Tech is in WA state so the shipping would be too much to make it worthwhile for you.
Traxxion Dynamics is in GA and may be worth a call.
Also look for a Race Tech suspension service center in your area if this is something you want to do.
The forks made the biggest difference I could feel, I'm about 2 bills and could bottom the forks on braking or they would sack down in a corner and eat up my ground clearance.

I paid about $900.00. For that they rebuilt the front forks and shock with different valving and springs for my weight and riding style.
Along with all the seals and new parts etc. GP Tech is in WA state so the shipping would be too much to make it worthwhile for you.
Traxxion Dynamics is in GA and may be worth a call.
Also look for a Race Tech suspension service center in your area if this is something you want to do.
The forks made the biggest difference I could feel, I'm about 2 bills and could bottom the forks on braking or they would sack down in a corner and eat up my ground clearance.

Thanks for the info, i'm upwards of 3bills though and I notice it most in the front when I accelerate quick it comes up (not the front tire just the nose of the bike) and the same under breaking; it's like it dips down further and I have to readjust. I know it's due to my size but I'm not about to stretch it out, just stiffen her a bit. I mentioned this to the Suzuki guy where I bought her and he acted like the stock setup was adequate for any size. I just looked at him shaking my head like "Really?"

Back